Medium Poster
Local Beach: Dollmount, Sutton, Brittas Bay
Gear: Wainman Hawaii, Nobile
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anybody listening to tunes?

Postby murph68 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:11 pm

What headphones and water proof pack do you use and is it worth it?

DomYule
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Camber, Hythe, Bournemouth, Brighton, Devon, Cornwall
Brand Affiliation: F-One

Re: Anybody listening to tunes?

Postby DomYule » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Yes - it's well worth it! www.h2oaudio.co.uk

hombrekiteloop
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Too many to list in Auckland NZ, currently Kite Beach Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Style: Freeride, Big Air, Learning Surf
Gear: Best Kites 08 Nemesis 12m, 09 Nemesis 8m &10.
Underground FLX 132
Best 6'1" Thruster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anybody listening to tunes?

Postby hombrekiteloop » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:16 pm

I’ve been riding lately with my iPod Nano in a waterproof case. At first I felt a bit off balance with my ears being blocked and not able to hear much from the outside world but I soon got used to it. Riding with some pumping tunes really does add something t a session.

The link below is to the case I bought off Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/H2O-Audio-Capture ... 361&sr=8-1

I like the case but the headphones included have rubber cups on them that fall off very easily and I lost 2 in one session. They also only fit well if I put them on upside down! So I bought the ones below.

http://www.amazon.com/H2O-Audio-Sportwr ... =pd_cp_e_2

These headphones were better suited and sound surprisingly good but after only 10 or so uses one side has already stopped working.

My conclusion is that it’s great to have music (though perhaps less safe to be cut off from one of your senses) but it can also be a hassle. If they get dislodged in a crash then water enters you ears and the headphones and the sound quality drops drastically. If I need to talk to someone on the water (usually offering help) then I have to take the plugs out to hear them. I found that when I crash hard the iPod randomly starts playing other songs which Is not good if like me you have a playlist of your wife’s cheesy music on your iPod.

Another system a friend had that intrigued me was a chemically treated Shuffle that didn’t require a case. I think the site is ‘Swim Man’ but these are really expensive.

Return to “Kitesurfing”