Today is the day that the 4.th edition of Winter Air Sports festival in Romania begins.
It is the 4th edition of pure snowkiting & speedflying in Romania. Between the 21st-27th of February the most famous participants in the country as well as guests from abroad are invited to Sinaia Cota 2000 to attend the WINTER AIR SPORTS 2011 event.
WINTER AIR SPORTS is held on the Cota 2000 Sinaia plateau having the base at the upper station of the Valea Dorului ski lift. The Cota 2000 area in Sinaia is ideal for development of WIND driven leisure activities, representing a real alternative to the more popular winter sports types.
It is a unique place in Eastern Europe to snowkite: the 2000m altitude grants plenty of snow up to April and the area is enormous with friendly slopes. Wind conditions are also great and reliable throughout the winter season.
Besides the contest sections, there is a series of events: demonstrations, photo contest & party.
The evening at the Miorita Chalet includes music, food, prizes and multimedia presentations.
The participation fee is 200 RON (about 50€), for applications via internet, and 250 RON (about 60€) for application on site, and comprises:
* free access to the cable car and cabin for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
* accommodation for Thursday Friday and Saturday nights
* Free drinks tee and hot wine
* ascension priority by snowmobile traction
* Participants may enlist within one of the 4 contest sections: Kite Slalom, Race Kite, Freestyle, and Big Air.
The WINTER AIR SPORTS programme is the following:
* Tuesday, Wednesday -Free Training
* Thursday, – Enlisting and qualifications
* Friday – Qualifications
* Saturday, – Qualifications, finale, prize awarding and after-party
* Sunday , – Free ride day for photo sessions
Website: Winter Air Sports 2011