Forum for kitesurfers
KTA
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

KTA Boracay Begins Tomorrow!!

Postby KTA » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:43 pm

They are arriving in packs, the water has become busier once again, and the new faces are familiar, it must mean the most highly anticipated event of the tour year is on, KTA Boracay, LET IT RIP!

Aya Oshima (Japan), the favorite for Freestyle and TT course racing Asian Champion this year has been here for weeks training and living up the wonderful night life Boracay has to offer, “This is my favorite spot so far, the water is great, the people are fun, and the night life amazing!”. Another who has been seen out on the water practicing in even the lightest of wind is GAC sponsored and a local hopeful, Toto (Dilbert) Bayog. If there is light wind on competition day, Toto will be sure to rise in the ranks with ease. Hill Billy Siu (Hong Kong) has also been here enjoying the lifestyle Boracay offers while training hard for her racing category. We have also seen the Godfather of Old Skool, Mr. Toby Braeuer (Germany), putting on a show for all spectators walking Bulabog Beach.

Local organizers 7 Stones Boracay Suites have provided an excellent location with loads of support for this event to happen. And with other local organizers like Nenette Graf and Normeth Preglo from Hangin Kite School at Greenyards Funboard and Neilpryde Test Center planning the parties, Boracay evenings are sure to be top notch.

This event will also present the first ever link up between KB4girls and the KTA. Kristin Boese, founder of KB4girls, remarks "I am especially excited about our event on Boracay, not only because it is such a beautiful place and perfect kite location but because this event is going to be our first ever KB4girls event in Asia! I am also very thrilled about KB4girls' cooperation with the KTA as I think both the KTA and our foundation have many of the same goals working together for a healthy growth of our sport."

Riders enjoyed a race clinic today provided by the KTA and Cabrinha rider Bruno Sroka. Riders were able to learn more about tactics, board design, and board usage. “I found it very interesting. I am happy KTA gave us this clinic. I never knew about the design of the board before, learning from the best about fins and their shape has been very insightful”, said Oshima.
Between the close racing, amazing Freestyle, captivating Old Skool, and the parties only Boracay can offer, this event is sure to be top notch! Not to mention as this event is now our finals, since Korea has been cancelled due to political reasons, you won’t want to miss anything, so make sure you keep an eye on it!

Registration begins 10am at 7 Stones. See you there!
Attachments
ALX_8858.jpg
ALX_8800.jpg
Last edited by KTA on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

dobiewan
Frequent Poster

Re: KTA Boracay Begins Tomorrow!!

Postby dobiewan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:11 pm

Sorry to hear this is the last event! The pictures and videos have been great. All the best to a well run team.
Ken

doublerumandcoke
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: KTA Boracay Begins Tomorrow!!

Postby doublerumandcoke » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Thats my house !
:P

Return to “Kitesurfing”