The next installment of the Sterkies Event is almost upon us.
Sterkfontein Dam is near Harrismith in the Free State Province of South Africa :Map of Area
We've had a year gap since the last event due to lack of wind last year, but this year looks more promising.
There are 2 fronts approaching which look decent enough to yield strong wind at Sterkies.
The first is around next Thursday (16 June) and the next is the following weekend (25-26 June).
The forecast is still up and down, as is to be expected long range, but we should get strong wind soon.
My preference is 25-26 June IF it materialises, as it falls on a weekend, and looks like the strongest wind which should be around for 2 days.
We'll have the following Disciplines (Wind permitting):
1. We'll start with a Course Race
comp will commence when the wind kicks in.
event goes ahead when it's nuking and the wind direction improves.
We'll go on Standby when I have a clearer picture of which of the 2 fronts looks best.
Provisionally set aside Wednesday/Thursday next week, and Saturday/Sunday the following week.
for further news and updates.
Banner_Small.jpg [ 177.08 KIB | Viewed 665 times ]