Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Bar grip repair

Forum for kitesurfers
nicor
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Bar grip repair

Postby nicor » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:46 am

I managed to scrape off an inch or two of the grip on my bar this weekend.

The missing grip placement is just under my finger tips, so the bar is still usable, but it bothers me a little. Any way to fix this?

Miltsface
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bar grip repair

Postby Miltsface » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:37 pm

there's probably no way to do a great job on it, but i'd just try to find some kind of semi-matching material (ie, bicyle grip tape, one of those rubber livestrong bracelets, etc, or just look around your garage, see what you might have), cut to fit and glue it on with aquaseal or similar adhesive.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:27 am

I bought some of this stuff - http://www.shopsoundboatworks.com/420prnota.html - feels just like bar grip! Putting it on and getting it to look nice though ... tough job.

peter64
Medium Poster

Postby peter64 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:45 am

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sarc » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:03 am

For small/medium bar repair I just wet with water and put a little bit of Gorilla Glue on the exposed metal, then tape it down with cling foil (the type used for food). Glue is activated by water and expands maybe 3x initial volume filling the gaps and it stays on nicely even with hard rubbing on the grip. Glue is hard so if you have girly hands it may not be the right thing for you. Oh and it does NOT look nice but I don't wear pink boardies over my wetsuit either. :jump:

Kancler
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kancler » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:38 am

i just used http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shoe-Goo-Origin ... B0010YTLUU on my cabrinha bar, in did some damage in winter time, rail of snowboard scraped some surface from bar, so i applyed thin coat of shoe goo glue, after some time another layer and so on and on until i reach desire thick (u need to apply few coats if u apply thick layer in first attempt glue will run down from damaged area)
now i have nice soft grip in damaged area of bar, it doesn't tear skin from hands

Return to “Kitesurfing”