Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kiteloop with Cabrinha Crossbow?

Forum for kitesurfers
GrodanBoll
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Kiteloop with Cabrinha Crossbow?

Postby GrodanBoll » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:58 am

I´ve been thinking a long time about start learn making kiteloops, but I´m a little afraid to do it with my Cabrinha IDS. It doesn't turn as quick as the C and hybrid kites, such as slingshot RPM and Fuel.
This fact holds me back a little, but perhaps is it totally fine to kiteloop with bow-kites also?

What do you say?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Kiteloop with Cabrinha Crossbow?

Postby tautologies » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:13 pm

GrodanBoll wrote:I´ve been thinking a long time about start learn making kiteloops, but I´m a little afraid to do it with my Cabrinha IDS. It doesn't turn as quick as the C and hybrid kites, such as slingshot RPM and Fuel.
This fact holds me back a little, but perhaps is it totally fine to kiteloop with bow-kites also?

What do you say?
sure, they are way easier going. Is this with a big xbow? Or a small? They turn with way less pull because they pivot on the center of the kite instead of around the wingtip. Sure there is more kite to turn on the high AR kites, but they do not have the same downwind pull that the c-kites...so yes you're good to go.

Heed the same type warnings...begin underpowered, flat on the water, etc etc. lots of threads on that here.

GrodanBoll
Medium Poster

Postby GrodanBoll » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:19 pm

tautologies wrote:
GrodanBoll wrote:I´ve been thinking a long time about start learn making kiteloops, but I´m a little afraid to do it with my Cabrinha IDS. It doesn't turn as quick as the C and hybrid kites, such as slingshot RPM and Fuel.

What do you say?
sure, they are way easier going. Is this with a big xbow? Or a small? They turn with way less pull because they pivot on the center of the kite instead of around the wingtip. Sure there is more kite to turn on the high AR kites, but they do not have the same downwind pull that the c-kites...so yes you're good to go.

Heed the same type warnings...begin underpowered, flat on the water, etc etc. lots of threads on that here.
I have Crossbow IDS, 9m.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby JGTR » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:57 pm

Dude I learnt to kiteloop on an 2004 18M North Vegas, your X-Bow will be fine :thumb:

cris1981
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cabarete
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade 2010 - 9m
Cabrinha Custom

Postby cris1981 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm planning on buying this week an 2011 Cabrinha Crossbow 11m.
I've been riding a couple of times this summer the 2011 Switchblade 12m from a friend and I like it a lot but it's a bit slow for my taste.
Would you say the 11m Crossbow is faster when turning then the SB 12m ?

Thanks!

acctx
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lake travis

Postby acctx » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:20 pm

cris1981 wrote:I'm planning on buying this week an 2011 Cabrinha Crossbow 11m.
I've been riding a couple of times this summer the 2011 Switchblade 12m from a friend and I like it a lot but it's a bit slow for my taste.
Would you say the 11m Crossbow is faster when turning then the SB 12m ?

Thanks!
crossbow is slow, no idea if it is slower than the switchblade

Here is a review that says the crossbow is faster turning than the switchblade
http://www.mackiteboarding.com/forums/i ... topic=1343

experienced1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby experienced1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 pm

if you are going to do hooked in kiteloops the XB is fine. If you are going to do unhooked kiteloops with the XB you'll want to depower it by 1-2". If you are going to do unhooked kiteloops, the SB is better...it was made for this as it pulls all the way through the loop. The XB turns slower than the SB but in a smaller, tighter arc.
steve

aircatcher
Frequent Poster

Postby aircatcher » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Wouldn't be my first choice although Crossbow fly more forward from low to high window,too many pulleys to give me an indirect feel,arc span is too wide to have a spot on fast pivotal sweep.2 things to consider when u pick a kite specialize for kiteloops:
It needs to rise FAST from the low to high window with AoA at minimal as possible (quicker is actually more safe)
It needs to sweep pivotal spot on.
Oh! durable built kite also preferred since the kite is subject to exponential stress ( don't be surprise if you kite split in half in mid air sometimes) way more than any other tricks or ridding styles.I trashed 4 kites a year on the average,so be prepare for the kite bills beside the medical bills.
Good new is there are plenty of kites out there have those first two characteristics.(Royal is the one i'm using currently and who know what's next))

Return to “Kitesurfing”