Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F One Bandit 6 Review

Forum for kitesurfers
Frederik
Rare Poster
Local Beach: During summer holidays: Lagoa De Albufeira, Guincho and other spots close to Cascais, Portugal
The rest of the year:
Spots close to Vejle, Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Lagoa De Albufeira
Guincho
Style: Freeride
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F One Bandit 6 Review

Postby Frederik » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:55 am

I just wanted some info on the improvements that f one have made to the Bandit 6. Is it much better than previous models, what has been changed and how does it deliver? Can it compete with recent models from Cabrinha or North?

Thanks,
Fred
:)

wetdog
Medium Poster

Re: F One Bandit 6 Review

Postby wetdog » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:02 am

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:45 am

Read the review on the 6. Look although I have to sell the bandit 5 12m as it is just a tad too small for my target winds range on my sector, it will be very regrettable. I was out today on it in beautiful exmouth, started on the sector, wind kicked in to 15 to 20 knots so pulled out the shinn monk to really hold down the edge. Now I'm only 76kg so it was well powered up.

But I was doing all my usual down loop and loop transitions with ease, it really is such a nice and graceful kite. So forgiving and predicable. I really rate it hey. It's not my VXs which just blows ya fuckin boots off, but it is very very nice indeed. Pissed off I got it slightly wrong.

Good to hear the 6 is an improvement. It really can be flown to the windows edge to develop apparent wind and bloody turn fast. But it can kill power real quick which is so helpful if you crank into a loop too powered. Also had it in waves in the arvo and the thing drifts good to.

You can't go wrong getting one of these.

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Frederik wrote:I just wanted some info on the improvements that f one have made to the Bandit 6. Is it much better than previous models, what has been changed and how does it deliver? Can it compete with recent models from Cabrinha or North?

Thanks,
Fred
:)
I had tried Bandits 1 and Dos and I didn't like them; way too much bar pressure, I tried the B3 and didn't find it very powerful. I wasn't a big fan of Bandits until I tried the B5 in a demo.

So this my first quiver of Bandits. Right now I have the 14m and 9m and I should get the 12m soon. I weigh 75kg. For the last couple of years I was riding mainly Best, Flysurfer and also cabrinha.

The 14m is such a sweet kite, really fast, low bar pressure, precise handling, good lift etc...

the 9m WOW !!! this is really dynamite. I tried it monday in a 25 to 35 knots session and that kite is a rocket. It loops really fast. Actually it is faster than my nemesis 8m on the fastest setting. The bar pressure is also really light. It handles the gust really good, you can just depower a bit and it will pass smoothly or you can crank it and you'll get some massive air. The depower throw is really short; I don't like when you have to extend your arms really far to kill some power. The depower is also very efficient, you can kill the power really fast.

That was my first session with that kite and I cranked my biggest jumps ever. The timing is really easy to dial, just crank it and off you go. The lift is really awesome, it really rips you off the water and the glide is also really good. We also had some pretty nice wave monday and I am sure that this kite will make a nice wave kite as it drifts nicely and wait for your input.

It was a very good session to try the kite; strong wind with some really strong gusts. Stability in gusty wind was my biggest concern, as we really often ride in gusty weather. The B6 handled it like a charm.

Overall this is the most thrilling 9m I've flown so far. I am going to cuba in 3 weeks and this kite will be a blast if we can get some pretty strong wind like last year.

People that liked the B5 will love this B6 as it is a fine tuned version of the B5 ;-).

Can it compete with North and Cabrinha; havent tried the latest north but it won't have any problem competing with Cabrinha. Really different ride though. Try them you might like it.

jack bush
Medium Poster

Postby jack bush » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:53 am

Had a blast today in 20 knots gusting to 25.
I demod the B6 in 9-10-12m.
I ride Fone since the Bandit Dos and each year demo also other brands.

The Bandit just improoves every year, some times i nbigger leaps and some times in smaller ones, but it always improoves from year to year.

I am absolutely sure that the Bandit is the best allarounder out there and that's why for me it's just the best.

when i kite i like boosting, looping, unhooking, and playing with the waves. I don't want a kite for each thing.
My quiver for the last 4 years is a single 10m Bandit that i use from 15k up to 35k and i weigh 84 Kg...

Return to “Kitesurfing”