Compatible bars Naish, Switch and Cabrinha

Forum for kitesurfers
mangevbg
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Compatible bars Naish, Switch and Cabrinha

Postby mangevbg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:05 pm

I know that cabrinha had their own solution a couple of years ago and the bar from Cabrinha
wasn´t compatible with Naish kites, is that still so?

How abaout Switch-bar? Is that compatible with Naish kites?

I am thinking about buying buying a Naish kite with a 2012 naish smart bar or to use my Switch bar with the Naish kite.

What do you think about this and how is the Switch bar compared to the Naish smart bar from 2012.

bnthere
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island and South Texas USA

Hood River and the Columbia River Gorge USA
Favorite Beaches: South Padre Island Texas: year round the best flatwater and fall - winter - spring fun wave riding as well.
Style: all styles of kite riding
Gear: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Brand Affiliation: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Seadoo
Headzone

Re: Compatible bars Naish, Switch and Cabrinha

Postby bnthere » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:09 pm

naish bar is universal, a single centerline leash system is good to disable all kites.

cab is double centerline leash system, should only be used on the kites it is designed for.

switch i think is also double centerline.

wait whats a smart bar? you mean the regular naish bar right

mangevbg
Medium Poster

Postby mangevbg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:21 pm

I mean the regular bar from Naish that comes with Park, with the depower below the bar.

The line ends are all equal distance from you if you pull the bar towards you.

I´m not sure how it is with Switch and Cabrinha.

From your answer I guess Cabrinhas bars shouldn´t be used with Naish nowadays either.

bnthere
Frequent Poster

Favorite Beaches: South Padre Island Texas: year round the best flatwater and fall - winter - spring fun wave riding as well.
Mystic
WindAlert
Mystic
WindAlert
Seadoo
Headzone

Postby bnthere » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:29 pm

if you can find a bar with unequal line lengths let me know.

that question is for anyone, actually. is there any control bar that is built with unequal line length? i think not, but interested to know. what bars, if any, ever were. i also dont think any ever were.

its all about the leash system (and the line connections, but whatever they are you can make the connections you need with a set of line connectors, or by switching around the ones you have)

a quick tip for when switching kites and bars around: always rig for maximum backline length on the first use. if you have a series of attachment points/knots on the outside lines go long, to the end of the line. if on bridles go short, closest to kite. depower trim at control bar also. fly kite, tension backlines as necessary.

it is never as big of a problem to have too much backline slack as it is to not have enough.

mangevbg
Medium Poster

Postby mangevbg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:38 pm

I thought Cabrinhas was that way before, maybe I´m wrong.

Anyway, back to the question. Is there anyone that knows if Switch bar is compatible with Naish Kites ? :D

bnthere
Frequent Poster

Mystic
WindAlert
Mystic
WindAlert
Seadoo
Headzone

Postby bnthere » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:44 pm

so i have not used a switch bar on a naish kite. but here is the info:

switch bar has above the bar single center line leash point. that will disable any kite, ever. there is only "depower" leash option below the bar.

in what ways are you worried that a bar might not be "compatible" with a kite. there are very few that are not interchangeable in terms of being able to properly fly a kite. mainly bars with outside lines interconnected to inside lines via pulleys on the bar ends that were designed for specific kites that needed those are the only ones that are not necessarily compatible.

the switch bar could definitely fly the naish kite, if thats your main concern. and the single centerline leash line above the bar will definitely disable the naish kite when you need to (assuming you are leashed to it), which should be your main concern. but your not gonna use that leash attachment point anyway, because its above the bar, and therefore annoying. instead, your gonna hook up "suicide" or "depower" style to the leash attachment point at the harness loop, and only use the single centerline point to self land when necessary. and then one day your gonna be riding too close to a boat, or a jetty, or a pier, blow a backroll, crash the kite, its going to wrap an outside line on the wingtip and take off looping hard, pulling you towards that thing that you shouldnt have been messing around upwind of in the first place, then your gonna quick release the harness loop but the "depower/suicide" leash attachment your running isnt going to drop the kite, and your gonna either get drug into that thing with a bewildered look on your face wondering why your quick release didnt save your life, or act fast enough to secondary release your leash and let the kite go, in which case it drifts into that thing, wraps a line around someone's head, cuts it off, and subsequently results in no more kiteboarding at that spot.

just something to think about. leash to a single line.

Return to “Kitesurfing”