Forum for kitesurfers
cowboy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

UK Demo Best 2014 & Lewis Crathern Clinics 27th July

Postby cowboy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Book yourselves a trip to Hunstanton on 27th July, in conjunction with CBK Hunstanton we have the first chance for people to demo the 2014 Kite
range. The exact same kites that have been at the PKRA in Germany this week.

Clinics to be held by Lewis Crathern on technique and advice, if interested in clinics contact rob@cbk-hunstanton.com
Wind and work permitting we will also have kites available Sunday 28th

Beach and times will be posted next week

If you require any further info on Best kit PM me

cowboy
Medium Poster

Re: UK Demo Best 2014 & Lewis Crathern Clinics 27th July

Postby cowboy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Quick little update here for those that are interested. We are still hoping that some W**d will turn up on the day but who knows. Location set at the minute as Old Town Beach Hunstanton from 10am, check back for further details as location may change.

Kites in attendance to demo will be the;
GP V3 13m & 9m
TS V3 15m & 12m
TS V2 15m for comparison
Kahoona V6 13.5m & 11.5m

Waiting to see what arrives but have been told that should have at least 1 of the 2014 boards

Clinic spaces still availablewith Lewis Crathern

And to top it all off Best Kiteboarding have donated a Kahoona V5 7.5m as a competition prize on the day. Entry into the draw will be clinic participants and anyone that demos Best Kiteboarding equipment on the day.

i96dansa
Rare Poster

Postby i96dansa » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Would have loved to be there but can't.
Will you please post some reviews after the event?
It's really really quiet about the new stuff and Best really needs to up the information flow on new stuff (not marketing yada yada but actual reviews and comparisons).
E.g. it's very very hard to find a comparison between the Kahoona v4 7.5m and v5 7.5m.
Keep the reviews coming!

cowboy
Medium Poster

Postby cowboy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Slight delay in rundown for the day as went on holiday for a week the next day.

Well what can I say, turned out to be an awesome day all around. Sunny and warm day had the crowds down at the beach early meaning we had a crowded beach to start with due to a high tide at 10am. The wind had been forecast to maybe hit 12knts by 5pm which we thought meant for a long day. Boy where we and many others mistaken.

Breeze started picking up and Chris Bull hit the water first on a 17m Dyno, and as the wind steadily built to cross shore and cross on Lewis Crathern went out on the 13m GP v3 for the first time and can he get the most out of the kite, doing backrolls, boosting and unhooking in low wind

Closely followed out by local kiter Richard on the 15m TS saw him doing what he loves even in light wind, boosting and the only way to get him off the kite and water was for someone else looking a turn.

I had only seen the new inflation system on facebook the week before as Mike Schitzhofer had posted a photo. No need to buy a new hose or pump as the end adapters supplied with older keg pumps will fit. My word was pumping up a 10.5m Kahoona so much easier & quicker than before, very little resistance while pumping.

New style rucksack bags to put your kites and bits in, and looks tastier than the old black & white bags from the past few years. All kites still supplied with stuff sack and small repair kit to keep you going if needed ( havent used one in 3 years myself Luckily)

Build quality is just as good as ever and the one pump system remains from last year. Small modifications to the kites across all sizes.

Bars have had a few upgrades this year, with a change to the swivel above the quick release to give a little more grip. Grip on the bar has been redesigned and love that on the GP. Gone is the pull/pull depower strap of old and replaced with a camcleat system. I was skeptical of the change till I used it on the GP and was very easy to use, and had good comments on its ease of use.

Each bar comes with its own bag for storage also.

Local kiter Tan normally rides C4's so was keen to try the GP, didnt have a great initial experience on it but absolutely loved the kahoona 10.5m throwing down unhooked backroll kiteloops.

More photos available at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 480&type=3

To finish the day off 6 local riders of varying experience had the oportunity to have some tuition from International team rider Lewis Crathern on jumping, front rolls, backrolls, unhooked tricks for an hour

Return to “Kitesurfing”