Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Switch Kites: Master any Terrain with the Element2

Postby Toby » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:43 am

Switch Kites News:

SwitchKites is pleased to announce the world-wide availability of the new Element2 all-terrain series

Available only through the SwitchKites Online Store (www.switchkites.com)
element2_photo_560.jpg
element2_photo_560.jpg (17.56 KiB) Viewed 4764 times
With a year of testing in Hawaii and New Zealand, the Element2 is an all-new development of the widely popular original 3-strut Element released in early 2012.

The Element2 is a moderate-aspect 3-strut bridled 'C' Hybrid capable of satisfying kiters of all levels, abilities and disciplines. Improvements include increased low-end power, full de-power within a moderate bar throw, improved turning and high-end stability. A new, compact 'hardwired' no-pulley bridle provides instant response for ultimate control and direct position sense without line wear or moving component failure. Re-launch is instant and reverse capable by pulling either one or two rear lines. Two front-line wingtip bridle locations allow the kite be tuned for Freestyle with added slack or powered Freeride performance. Multiple rear line attachments allow fine tuning of turning speed and bar pressure. The Element2 is equally competent for pure wave riding, freestyle expression or basic skills development eliminating the necessity of specialty kites for all but the most hard-core riders.
_Leonardodale.com_2621.jpg
All SwitchKites are built in Switch's exclusive production loft of highest quality top-shelf materials with proven extra-durable construction and large inflate-deflate quick pump inflation. All seams, joins and patches are glued and stitched with extra duty thread, dacron and adhesive-backed reinforcing. All SwitchKites are designed with Constant Curve LE and struts to eliminate straight sections joined at angles to provide a clean, efficient aerodynamic structure with superior upwind performance and durability.

Element2 sizes: 5m, 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m & 15m

Attack any terrain with this rock solid kite and its predictable behavior.

1 Kite - 3 elements - Water, Land and Snow

For additional information please visit http://switchkites.com/products/kites/element2.html

vinifonz
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Aveiro, Barra, Costa Nova - Portugal
Barra Grande - PI - Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Barra Grande Piauí, Brazil
Style: Freeride/style wakestyle
Gear: Slingshot RPMs
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Switch Kites: Master any Terrain with the Element2

Postby vinifonz » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:33 pm

I was one of the lucky ones that had a chance to try this kite and a made simple review to try to explain how I felt, hope you like it and give it a try, you won't regreat!

Element v2 9m First try.

I went for the first time to 3rd Avenue spot at San Mateo, California, with the new Element v2 to try it also for the first time. The wind was 25 to 27 knots, and the water was very choppy and I mean do not escape Alcatraz, choppy.

I have been riding the Element v1 11m and 7m for a couple of years now and right from the launch, I could feel the kite differently, like you can really feel the kite and where it is and what it is doing, I was flying it in stock setting with a MjComp 135.

On the water the kite is such a toy, such a machine, I can’t possible begin to explain how happy was with the kite after a couple of minutes riding it. It feels so smooth, you feel connected to the kite in a way I never felt before, and the kite gives you a lot of confidence making you try push harder. Although I wasn’t really doing anything extreme, first coz I’m a bit rusty, haven’t been kitesurfing very often for a while now and the water was really choppy, making it very tricky to hold the edge hard enough on high speeds. Still the jumping was amazing, even when I messed up the launches, it flies very well, goes down very softly, and the hang time is fantastic, it feels like slow motion. You can go as fast as you can, pull the kite all the way back that in midair, you will be facing the opposite direction you were supposed to be facing during the jump and just before landing you pull it back it rolls beautifully in the sky all the way around to catch you and give the final lift before landing, like butter. The direct feel of this kite is something that really stands up, and the way it does everything just makes you feel like pushing harder and harder. It feels like I imagine being to drive a Nissan GRT or an Audi R8, a super sports car with intelligent traction and launch control. It gives you power when you want it to and it is very soft when you want it to be. The pop tricks does feel very good too, I couldn’t try it a lot or unhooking cause I was really struggling to find take off spots, which was the only thing holding me back. The bar pressure was very good for me, it is firm, but not heavy, and the depower works very well, When I entered the water, the kite was pulling very hard, with just an adjust on the depower I was cruising comfortably with the bar very close to me. The upwind was automatic, effortless.
To sum up, in a day that I usually wouldn’t have had much fun, especially because of the extreme chop, I had one of the funniest kite sessions of my life, just trying to go as big as I could and see if I could check that golf field on the top of the hill from above, which I eventually succeeded to do. The wind seemed to be quite gusty and stronger from outside, but I can’t really tell if it was gusty coz, I wasn’t feeling anything.

I’m sincerely very happy with this kite; the Switch development team has reached another level for the all-round kites. The construction and details on the kite and the bag will please lots of people, and just wait until everybody starts trying this kite, they will love it! WHAT A MACHIIIIIIIINE!!

Al_Kiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Guincho
Style: Surf
Gear: Wave SST 9m, 7m, 5m
Airush Converse 6'1'', FW EVO 5'3''

Postby Al_Kiter » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:37 pm

why does SWITCH start their size range with a 5m (method, method2, element2,..) and the 5m is ALWAYS "Out of Stock"???

Bullshit marketing will only take you so far...

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Method 2 has been out for only a little while and Element 2 JUST launched literally hours ago.

I'll tell you what's bullshit.............paying $2k for a kite.
Last edited by POACHER on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:19 pm

I like what I see with this Element 2 kite.
Switch have made a number of significant changes to the V1 and all of them look right to me.
They are calling it a three strut, medium aspect, bridled, open C design.
I think I would prefer a five strut, but this one looks pretty good now.

Here is what Bill Hansen said about it:

Element V2 is a completely new design.
A bit lower aspect with wider wingtips.
Fixed shorter and simpler bridle (no pulleys/sliders.)
Very direct feel. More low-end power.
Much better de-power.
More stability overpowered.
User adjustable settings with lots of options.

I had three Switch kites and they were sewn super clean, and the construction/build details were all very well done.

switchkites
Medium Poster
Gear: SwitchKites
Brand Affiliation: SwitchKites

Postby switchkites » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Al-Kiter:
Switch has established warehouses around the globe to reduce the shipping & tax costs to the customer. At any time, the inventory varies based on demand and our production schedule. It is harder to predict the demand for the small sizes but there is always new stock in production and it is never far away. Please feel free to use the 'Notify me' function to be notified via email as soon as the new stock arrives. At the moment, Element2 and Method2 5sqm kites are in production and scheduled to ship to warehouses in 5 days. They should be available in Europe in approximately 2 weeks time. Please note that we have altered the order in which the sizes range is presented so that in-stock sizes are presented first. We are not so certain of the marketing advantage of presenting out of stock items at the top of the list but we agree that from the customers point of view, it is more useful to see what is actually in stock first. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Al_Kiter wrote:why does SWITCH start their size range with a 5m (method, method2, element2,..) and the 5m is ALWAYS "Out of Stock"??? Bullshit marketing will only take you so far...
Last edited by switchkites on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:54 pm

oh look, they are no longer obsessed with low wing profile!

too little, too late. even your team rider here sold his switches...

vinifonz
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Aveiro, Barra, Costa Nova - Portugal
Barra Grande - PI - Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Barra Grande Piauí, Brazil
Style: Freeride/style wakestyle
Gear: Slingshot RPMs

Postby vinifonz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:02 pm

POACHER wrote:I'll tell you what's bullshit.............paying $2k for a kite.
True to that.

blu
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Great Lakes
Favorite Beaches: Cayo Coco
Gear: Flysurfer Lift Sabfoil Gong

Postby blu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:22 pm

Can those kites be flown on Cabrinha bar ?
I'm thinking of getting new Element

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:30 pm

eree wrote:oh look, they are no longer obsessed with low wing profile!

too little, too late. even your team rider here sold his switches...

Too little too late for what? For your approval Mr. Sunshine? :lol:

I have yet to see a positive comment from you on anything so I think you're opinions are of little consequence here eree.

I've wondered what your golden setup for equipment must be?................then I realized I don't really give a rip, so forget I asked.

cheer up bro..........kiting is fun!

Godspeed,

POACHER

Return to “Kitesurfing”