Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

naish 2008 bar question?

forum for kitesurfers

Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

naish 2008 bar question?

Postby kitesurfar » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:22 am

Is Naish Helix 2:1/1:1 bar in 1:1 mode usable for Cult? And Cult 1:1 bar usable for Helix?
And are they (both of these bars) suitable for other SLE kites? And is this Naish 5th line shiftsystem bar usable for other 5 line c kites?
I haven't tried that, but I think they have to be..

Medium Poster

Re: naish 2008 bar question?

Postby skiddz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:37 am

For the helix and the cult; the 1:1 are the same on both kites, so in this setting they are interchangeable. As for using the cult on 2:1, it may be possible, but why would you want 2:1? :P

For the shift system; you probably could use it with other 5th line kites. Hell, I've used torch lines with my Boxer SLE (4 Lines, I made a 5th out of some spare stuff i had hanging around), and it worked fine, just loose the amount of depower available. So you probably could use them with other 5 line kites, it just won't work as well if you were using the proper lines.

Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:58 am

yes the bar for the helix and cult can be used on either...goes for both 2:1 and 1:1...I use my bar on either kite.

Actually I've seen quite a few guys riding 2:1 lately.

Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Naish, North, Ozone, MikesLab, Taaroa

Postby cglazier » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi Tautologies
I think that you guys in Hawaii have nice waves to play in, because that's the only time 2:1 setup might make any sense to me. Around here we have plenty of Helix and Cults flying, and absolutely everybody is on 1:1 setup. I have never liked the 2:1 feeling myself.

And in answer to the original post, the new Naish Cult or Helix bar should work with any 4 line SLE kite. Similarly, the Naish 5 line bar works with any 5 line kite that I have ever seen.

The 2008 Naish bars are, feature for feature, the best bars on the market this year IMO.

Chris Glazier

Return to “Kitesurfing”