Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Advice for shallow water spot in the Bahamas (Exuma...)

forum for kitesurfers

dams2000
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: FS SP3 12m
Brand Affiliation: None

Advice for shallow water spot in the Bahamas (Exuma...)

Postby dams2000 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi,
My head is spinning, I need to find a place that will suit the whole family (little kids...).

I am looking for a shallow water spot in the Caribbean where there is a resort on a beach where we can kite without taking a car. The idea is to kite anytime in front of the hotel/accomodation, sometimes for short duration, but have the kids playing at the beach easily meanwhile. Of course, shallow water is needed to suit the beginners that will be part of this travel.
I've been looking and looking, I can't find such a place most often the water is not shallow or the accommodation is not on the beach itself.

Any recommendation for the ones that have a nice experience in the Bahamas Exuma will be appreciated (seems so many nice flat shallow water in the bahamas).

Thank you!
D

ralu81
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Tawas, Lake St. Clair
Favorite Beaches: Sherman island, Roosevelt park- gorge, Moriah Harbor-Great Exuma Bahamas, Little Sable Point Lake Michigan, Oscoda Lake Huron, Long Beach IN Lake Michigan.
Gear: Slingshot RPM
Slingshot Rally
Cabrinha Vector
Liquid Force DLX
Slingshot Celeritas

Re: Advice for shallow water spot in the Bahamas (Exuma...

Postby ralu81 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:56 pm

I would take a look at Exuma Kitesurfing they have rental properties that are right on the beach. The only option for a resort on Great Exuma is the sandals other than that you would have to rent a house or charter a boat. There are a lot of options for renting a house on the beach. We really enjoyed staying on Tropic of Cancer beach. Mariah harbor is the best place on either island for a shallow water but it is trickier to get to. We chartered a catamaran that was crewed by a husband and wife and were able to kite there that way. We stayed with them for a week with two younger kids and had a blast. Hope this helps.

IBaKiteboarder
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Emerald Isle, Indian Beach (thus "IB"aKiteboarder), Bogue Sound, all in NC
Style: Upright
Gear: Slingshot Rally 9, 12, Turbine 15
Misfit 136, 146

Re: Advice for shallow water spot in the Bahamas (Exuma...)

Postby IBaKiteboarder » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Search "kiteboarding exumas" on YouTube... you may find some ideas there. EDIT: you can find some really nice videos, and one of the places is Paradise-Bay-Bahamas.com

billwhite
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Gear: Naish Sigma 15m

Postby billwhite » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Turks and Caicos. Can't beat it.

dams2000
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: FS SP3 12m

Postby dams2000 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:54 am

Thank you all for your comments.
I'll look again at exuma kitesurfing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”