Favorite Beaches: Hatteras, Las Vegas
Style: freestyle
Gear: Torch quiver
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2010 Naish Torch Tuning?

Postby superstyles » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:07 am

Hey guys is there a easy way to tune your lines for this particular kite? How do i set the correct length for the front and back lines? Thanks in advance.

I have the 2010 five line naish bar and lines with 8 11 and 14 m kites.

thanks in advance.

MFG
Medium Poster

Re: 2010 Naish Torch Tuning?

Postby MFG » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:14 am

No it is not easy. I got the 2009 9m and 12m and struggled with setting differences until I gave up and sold them. The SIGMA range comes with correct settings straight out of the bag.
MFG

superstyles
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pacific Ocean
Favorite Beaches: Hatteras, Las Vegas
Style: freestyle
Gear: Torch quiver

Postby superstyles » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:40 am

Can anyone else shine some light on this subject? I'm not selling my kites cause they are way too cool well at least till the end of the summer 2010 season..

pdkite
Frequent Poster
Style: balls to the wall. don't hold back
Gear: 2006 Airush Lift 10m and 12m
2007 Liquid Force Recoil 130 x 39

Postby pdkite » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:44 am

i buy c kites cause they're just so cool too. all the pro's use them, so they must be good.

anyways naish has their line adjustment usually under your bar floaties or just above them. also tune the kite so when in the air the wing tips are jsut slightly off from parallel and pointing inwards. back lines just slightly shorter then front lines. (this is of course with the bar pulled all the way in for full power). then test it unhooked. it shouldn't backstall.

i like to spend a few minutes before my sesh getting the kite well tuned and never have problems and rarely have to adjust anything.

big difference between properly tuning your kite and just finding the sweet spot on the bar, like most ppl do with their SLE's/bows. then their donkey dick falls out and they are unhooked and the kite won't fly.

angelinversace
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Rotary Beach, Kelowna B.C.
Favorite Beaches: Squamish Spit, Cabarete, Rotary Beach
Style: Old school, Wakestyle, freestyle
Gear: Naish

Postby angelinversace » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:07 am

like pdkite said there are adjustments under the bar floaters pull them up to reveal the 3 knots. your back lines should be attached to the middle knot. so that your back lines are slightly shorter then your front lines. in theory full power should be when you have your bar pulled in about an inch away from your chicken loop. also your 5th line should be connected to the middle knot (best performance i have found) or the knot farthest away from the kite (better low end). check your 5th line to make sure you compensate for your line stretch cause it could kill the power if you dont have that line tuned properly.

Return to “Kitesurfing”