PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:50 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I don't know how. Not a tec guy.
But I doubt it!

Post subject: Re: Micro loop question
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:05 pm 
Frequent Poster

Guttorm wrote:
Toby, can the micro loop upgrade kit be modified to fit controllbars without the ironheart?

I dont think so. Its a "machined to fit piece" that goes into the rotor head swivel. Theres no way it would work on anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:40 pm 
Rare Poster

What is the reason behind North's decision to stop making the 2013 bars so a micro loop can be fitted? Seems a very strange decision.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:52 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

COOP wrote:
What is the reason behind North's decision to stop making the 2013 bars so a micro loop can be fitted? Seems a very strange decision.

You mean the 2012 bars. The micro loop/hook wont fit onto a 2013 or 2014 bar.

I assume the plastic insert where the lines go through are cheaper and there is probably not a huge demand to have the micro loop/hook option?
I regret it too... :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:59 pm 
Rare Poster

Yes I think you might be right. The plastic insert is to stop wear on the Depower lines, which it has on my lines. I have just changed out the plastic centre as it was worn but the depower lines are still in good shape. But with the top of the swivel on the iron heart I would probably say it is cheaper to have plastic than metal. Hopefully they come up with something in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:44 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Plastic or metal, what difference would it make ?
Don't see any for adding a ML.

There wasn't much demand for MLs in the past, but that changed and will do so even more.

I don't know how much extra molds would be and stocking etc costs, but I assume the extra sales will make it worth.
Or just take the old mold and reproduce, costs just the prefinancing and North would make money, no other company could make due to a unique product.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:13 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I've seen these new bars and all of them are falling apart. I've had North now for 2 year and broke 8 lines (2 depower lines and 6 5th lines).

This for me this is a really bad solution to compensate for north's poor lines. In making this solution now they've created another problem.

North seems to be making allot of poor decisions in my view and not improving anything. I'm personally getting tried of wondering what will snap next and carting around tons of spares.

Not too mention how difficult it is to get back to shore fix the issue and finish the session.

I know my next kites will not be North.... This I know.

The really funny thing is the Micro loop best thing they made.... Then disscontinued it but like all things north I have these in my spares.... Love them!

my rant.

cheers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:47 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

COOP wrote:

Everything in airstyle you can do with a microloop you can also do with a sliding stopper on the chicken line, it just doesn't look as styling. Bar manufacturers have chosen to put the sliding stopper over the microloop on the bars. One advantage of a sliding stopper is that people with short arms can set it to shorten the total throw, and that's an overall better selling point than a bar with microloop. The microloop is also more dangerous to a newbie because you can accidentally engage a microloop and it is unintuitive to unset it you have to push the bar in not out. Also there are less C kites which were good with a microloop because of the punishing bar pressure.

I don't think the microloop is ever gonna make a comeback.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:55 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

s1buell_wl wrote:
I've seen these new bars and all of them are falling apart. I've had North now for 2 year and broke 8 lines (2 depower lines and 6 5th lines). This for me this is a really bad solution to compensate for north's poor lines. In making this solution now they've created another problem.

north has good lines, I've never seen someone have to replace the 5th line more than once in two years. You might want to check your bar and control system to see if it has a sharp edge you need to file down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:01 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

edt wrote:
s1buell_wl wrote:
I've seen these new bars and all of them are falling apart. I've had North now for 2 year and broke 8 lines (2 depower lines and 6 5th lines). This for me this is a really bad solution to compensate for north's poor lines. In making this solution now they've created another problem.

North has good lines, I've never seen someone have to replace the 5th line more than once in two years. You might want to check your bar and control system to see if it has a sharp edge you need to file down.

Thanks for the advice, But I can assure you there is nothing harming the lines. If you know about North and have experience with them you will know that the depower line from 2011 was really bad and everyone was replacing them ( they lasted 6 months max, 12 guys here replaced them in the first year) . I have broke the 5th line at almost every intersection point.

Looking at my kite connections last week I can now see were my anchor lines on the kite will soon brake.

I had the 16m kite out last Saturday in 20-23kns only thing I was thinking hemmmm I wonder what line will brake today. Oh and man I have enough time in these jumps for two board back passes lol!!!

Maybe the lines are ok for the average user. But for people that kite all year round and ride powered most times these lines are not at all adequate.

I'm not going to go back and forth but I will never agree "North has good lines"

Cheers

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next