Forum for all hooked tricks
s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Want a good seat harness

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Imba wrote:
s1buell_wl wrote:I had that harness (dead in 6 months). I agree its bad.....

I hate to make a recommendations but I moved to the OR 2 (its not perfect either no harness is). I'm also hard on things. I've had this harness for two years of kiting all year round and its still like new. Only damage is sun fading (That will give you an idea of how much I use it)

Its also a hybrid harness if I want to go freestyle I can convert it to a waist harness in 5min.

Oh and zero and I mean zero ass hugging due to the mountian climing type leg straps.
Hope this helps
T

Any hints of what "OR 2" is ?!?!?!

Cantgoogle any manufacturer with that name.
sorry about that
http://www.oceanrodeo.com/products/sess ... id_harness
Tough as nails and comfortable as either waist or seat.

As you can see its a little different.
Only down side is there is no quick connect on spreader bar.

The only other I would go with is Tobys fav the Pat love but they are just so hard to get.

Life_Is_Awesome
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Keho, Alberta, Canada
Been thanked: 0

Postby Life_Is_Awesome » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:25 pm

Has anyone tried the Prolimit Kite Seat Pro?

http://www.prolimit.com/kitesurf-seat/p ... -seat-pro/

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:10 pm

I have about 50 sessions on my Fusion. Still looks solid.(knock on wood)
I use a Dyna bar sliding hook with mine. The Dyna bar is very well built. It really works well with seat harness, lots more freedom . My not be so good for the unhook riders.

juandesooka
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Sooke, BC, Canada
Style: Canada's Kai Lenny (in my mind)
Gear: Ocean Rodeo wings&kites / GoFoil
Brand Affiliation: Open to offers

Postby juandesooka » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:54 pm

2nd year kiter, I have only used one harness, the Ocean Rodeo Session 2, so I have nothing to compare to ... but I can say I am very happy with it.

After approximately 125 sessions, it is still going strong. The only sign of wear is stretching of the cords that hold the leg straps in place, easy replacement. I've yet to try a waist harness, but when the leg strap cord had stretched it basically was one, after lots of airs the harness would ride up to my chest. I know that most of the kiting community is against seat harnesses, but I really like the back support, sure felt nice to get the leg straps set up properly again.

It comes with a hook knife in a pocket on back....that is a minor complaint I have, for someone less than yoga flexible, it is unlikely you can pull the knife in an emergency situation.

I like to ride toeside and am more into surf than jumping ... so I got a Dynabar sliding bar hook. For seat harness enthusiasts who like to carve toeside, very highly recommended. Frees up your hips. Great for walking back up the beach too.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Seat all the way for me. Better comfort, better leverage. Would you were a waist harness skydiving or rock climbing (no)?. Why would you want to hang from your rib cage.

Bottom line IMO, seats are superior, they just don't look cool!!

FrederikS
Frequent Poster

Postby FrederikS » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Got a Mystic Supporter for kite racing and that has lasted well and is comfortable. Only issue is the hook design which does not work well with short donkey dicks.

matth
Very Frequent Poster

Postby matth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:35 pm

nothing worse than a short dick!

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:56 pm

matth wrote:Seat all the way for me. Better comfort, better leverage. Would you were a waist harness skydiving or rock climbing (no)?. Why would you want to hang from your rib cage.

Mmm... I've had a half-dozen sessions on a waist this week, and actually find it as comfortable as a seat - but as uncomfortable in different ways :D No wedgies is awesome!

matth
Very Frequent Poster

Postby matth » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:10 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
matth wrote:Seat all the way for me. Better comfort, better leverage. Would you were a waist harness skydiving or rock climbing (no)?. Why would you want to hang from your rib cage.

Mmm... I've had a half-dozen sessions on a waist this week, and actually find it as comfortable as a seat - but as uncomfortable in different ways :D No wedgies is awesome!
15 years zero wedgies. Are you sure its not on backwards?
In the end its a personal choice, if the waist works for you that's great. I personally do not enjoy being pulled by my lower back , having my ribs crushed , and reaching 3 feet to find my bar.
Waist has its place , waves ,freestyle, light freeriding. But for superior comfort , power , leverage, a seat is just better. A seat spreads the load and is far less stressful to your body. How many racers(who are holding down massive amounts of power) do you see with waist harnesses?
Not many

saildawg
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Isla Holbox, Kootenay Lake
Favorite Beaches: Isla Holbox, Hood River, Squamish, Oregon Coast
Gear: Slingshot
Been thanked: 0

Postby saildawg » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:31 pm

I have 3 good seasons on my Mystic seat harness, starting a 4th.

Return to “Airstyle”