Forum for all hooked tricks
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: Difference between Wakestyle and Airstyleboards

Postby edt » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Sinthoras1 wrote:Also why do you think that wakestyle boards are bad jumping boards but the Jaime is good for jumping even if it's clearly made for wakestyle and ridden by PKRA riders?

However it's good to hear that everyone seems to agree that the Jaime is a good choice.
Pro riders would not make the Jaime their first choice in a competition, they would use one of three other boads, the "Team Series" the "Team Series Hadlow" or the "Gambler" none of which I would recommend for jumping high. The Jaime sits almost exactly inbetween a soft freeride board like the X-ride and a wakestyle only board like the gambler. Dan at north is often on the forums, he might pop in and have something to add.

Sinthoras1
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Panama Beach
Favorite Beaches: Panama Beach
El Gouna
Hurgharda
Style: Old School
Gear: Naish Board 130cm
Slingshot Fuel 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Difference between Wakestyle and Airstyleboards

Postby Sinthoras1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:05 pm

There was a pretty informative thread entiteld "North Jaime 2014 or 2015 ?" in which Dan and you contributed quite a lot. Dan said: "From what I hear, our PKRA riders are just as likely to reach for the Jaime as for the Team when conditions are choppy..."
And than obviously Jaime Herraiz is riding it unless North is straight out lying about that which I doubt. At least they have no motive as they have enough other high performing wakestyle boards to offer their PKRA guys.
In this thread I also saw that you have the same concerns about the colour of the newer models of the Jaime. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Nobile board. I really would like to now who are these design geniuses that come up with ideas like making a blue board to ride on blue water. I prefer bright colours like the new Team Series has. You can probably spot it even kilometers away ;)

Return to “Airstyle”