Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

a personal vision of an efficient handle to block the bar on the depower line for some airstyle action.

Forum for all hooked tricks
stansxm
Medium Poster
Local Beach: le gallion bay, orient bay, saint martin 97150 (french west indies)
Favorite Beaches: le gallion,
mainly quebramar (paracuru,Brazil),and all Ceara nice spot.
secret spot (sxm)
Style: airstyle or old school , waves, foil...
Gear: Board fly radical 5 132, kite airstyle flysurfer sonic fr 11 and v2 15,kitefoil f-one....
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

a personal vision of an efficient handle to block the bar on the depower line for some airstyle action.

Postby stansxm » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:10 am

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: a personal vision of an efficient handle to block the bar on the depower line for some airstyle action.

Postby Toby » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:02 am

Very interesting Stan! Thx for making this video.

Why does the plastic part you created lock ?

To me it looks like the depower just runs thru it?

And it does not slide up, no matter how much power you have in the kite? Since Flysurfer has lesbar forces I assume it does not work with kites with more bar forces right?

stansxm
Medium Poster
Local Beach: le gallion bay, orient bay, saint martin 97150 (french west indies)
Favorite Beaches: le gallion,
mainly quebramar (paracuru,Brazil),and all Ceara nice spot.
secret spot (sxm)
Style: airstyle or old school , waves, foil...
Gear: Board fly radical 5 132, kite airstyle flysurfer sonic fr 11 and v2 15,kitefoil f-one....
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: a personal vision of an efficient handle to block the bar on the depower line for some airstyle action.

Postby stansxm » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:36 am

Hello Toby , i copied the same shape of the hole of the stopper ball inside my plastic part , only the outside shape is different. so it s like the original stopper ball with a different outline.the main hole in the middle of the plastic item is thiner in the center and blocks the bar like a stopper ball.on the video there is a good 18 20 knots with my sonic 15 and its working well. for sure all the power of the kite is on the front lines so maybe with a kite that has more bar force on the back line it may react different . in fact any kite who has a stopper ball that is working good can be replaced with my plastic part with an adapted hole size similar to the original stopper ball.

Return to “Airstyle”