wallyman wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:39 am
Can anyone recommend a suitable seat harness for airstyle, on that doesn't restrict leg movement to much for board offs. I know a waist harness is less restrictive but can't use one , just rides up..
Hello - good question. I tried a bunch of different harnesses and even managed to find a PatLove 2Go which, as Toby mentioned, are no longer in production. As a quick FYI if you are interested in the PatLove I am selling one.
1) If you are accustomed to a medium/high hook (like a waist harness) I would avoid a low hook harness like the shorts or many of the seat harnesses out there. For me, it just kind of threw everything off balance. I recall an endless thread debating a seat vs. waist harness and one of the pinnacle points was that the center of gravity for males is the belly button which is the ideal point of a harness. That said, one of my favorite riders who is a board off master has used a Mystic Force Sheild for years and it's a low hook. It really comes down to personal preference and what is comfortable for you so you will have to try a bunch of different kinds if you can.
2) From my testing I found these to be solid
- Pat2Go - this is great but the hook rides high...like really high so you may not like it but Toby kills it on this harness. I have one for sale btw if you are interested - http://c.ikitesurf.com/classifieds/29043
- Ocean Rodeo - they have a hybrid harness that is both seat and waist. This was very comfortable and well made. I love it.
- Ion X-Cite - This was is also extremely comfortable and has a med/high hook. Toby and I discussed this one and his experience was that it rubbed the ribs a bit much but for me it wasn't too bad. It is no longer in production but Otherside Boardsports has one for sale - although, I think they may be currently rebuilding due to the storm
Here's the link - https://othersideboardsports.com/collec ... rness-2015
Best of luck and let us know what you end up going with.