Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite Stolen

Forum for kitesurfers
MattyRossJa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maiden Cay , Jamaica
Favorite Beaches: Maiden Cay , Bounty Bay , Round Hill , Pigeon Island (all jamaica)
Style: Freeride learning Freestyle
Gear: 2011 Cabrinha 10 Switchblade ... 2012 Cabrinha Chopstick
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kite Stolen

Postby MattyRossJa » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 pm

My kite was stolen yesterday ... car broken into and kitebag was taken with other ppls beach bags ... they got my kite bag with my gopro in it ....

Lesson learnt , no longer keeping my kite in a kite bag ... a random thief would not have taken it if they knew what was int he bag (in jamaica at least)

time for a new kite , was planning on buying a lightwind kite to compliment the 2011 10m switchblade , but now that's gone what do people recommend for new kites ... want a kite that goes upwind well but also great for freestyle with an excellent wind range :P

i hear the bandit 5 is awesome and great price

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Kite Stolen

Postby tautologies » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Sucks with your kite :-( One door closes..another one opens..time for something new :-)
You've gotta limit us more :-) otherwise we'll all just spin in a recommend our favorite kite.

I love the Naish Park for all things riding. fast turning, medium grunt, great for just about anything.

Paracuru KiteVillage
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Quabra Mar Paracuru, Ceara, North East Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Paracuru, Brazil
Sakalava Bay, Madagascar
Style: freestyle, freeride & wave
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: http://www.paracurukitevillage.com/

Postby Paracuru KiteVillage » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Not cool that your kite was stolen but at least you get to treat yourself to a new kite :thumb:

Nowadays I only ride Naish kites and they always treat me well. My Naish Park (2011 model) is my favorite. Great wind range and a very strong kite.

Ive used the kite in many spots and different conditions and has always treated me well.

If you're ever in my neck of the woods, the North East of Brazil (Paracuru) then you can try any of our Naish kites and see what you like.

Happy shopping!

MattyRossJa
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Maiden Cay , Bounty Bay , Round Hill , Pigeon Island (all jamaica)

Postby MattyRossJa » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:15 am

Paracuru KiteVillage wrote:Not cool that your kite was stolen but at least you get to treat yourself to a new kite :thumb:

Nowadays I only ride Naish kites and they always treat me well. My Naish Park (2011 model) is my favorite. Great wind range and a very strong kite.

Ive used the kite in many spots and different conditions and has always treated me well.

If you're ever in my neck of the woods, the North East of Brazil (Paracuru) then you can try any of our Naish kites and see what you like.

Happy shopping!
yeh man thanks ! i'm looking at Naish Park 12m 2012 ... hows the turning speed on that ? and also bandit5

Paracuru KiteVillage
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Quabra Mar Paracuru, Ceara, North East Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Paracuru, Brazil
Sakalava Bay, Madagascar
Style: freestyle, freeride & wave
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: http://www.paracurukitevillage.com/

Postby Paracuru KiteVillage » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:25 am

Im not sure about the 12M as I've got the 7M & 9M and both turn super fast, great upwind and lots of flying power :D

Hows the wind in Jamaica? You need to be riding a 12M?

MattyRossJa
Medium Poster

Postby MattyRossJa » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Paracuru KiteVillage wrote:Im not sure about the 12M as I've got the 7M & 9M and both turn super fast, great upwind and lots of flying power :D

Hows the wind in Jamaica? You need to be riding a 12M?
Wind is kind of seasonal , best wind is november-may on the north and south coasts , and then the north is on and off for the hurricane season , the low pressure systems passing across the caribbean during the summer tend to suck up all the wind ...

but i owned a 10m switchblade , but in the offseason ur better off on a 12m ... i'm 185lbs , so the smaller kites suck for me unless it's blowing 20+

but when the wind is up in Jamaica , the kiting is amazing , and it's a very small niche , usually the only person kiting , and i've kited in over 15 different locations in jamaica

some footage here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt6Q_zNp4WA

Return to “Kitesurfing”