Style: Freestyle/Wakestyle/Steez
Gear: Zeeko Krush 9m
Cabrinha Switchblade 12m
Brand Affiliation: I wish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wakestyle board for shitty knee's

Postby Tyler_Durden_17 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 am

I need to get a board that is going to forgive hard landings on my shitty knees and ankles. I'm a beginner but want to start wakestyle oriented-tricks, and later put boots on my board.
Rather get a 2010 or 2011 board so it will be cheaper, or a second-hand, as i'm on a budget.
I was looking at an Aboard W series (2011) and a less wakestyle oriented Xenon La Luz.

Thanks!

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wakestyle board for shitty knee's

Postby Tiago1973 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:28 am

no id what the board will do to your knees, but it is a wake-style board being sold on a budget

http://www.kingofwatersports.com/best-p ... 16486.html

as a note - i´ve ride a few sessions with boots on the Xenon Rayo (sister of the La luz). it was a piece of crap.

note # 2 - link not working. speaking about last year best prodigy (or some name around this) being sold new at 200 GBP, king of watersports

jedi1
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Wakestyle board for shitty knee's

Postby jedi1 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:34 am

Tyler_Durden_17 wrote:I need to get a board that is going to forgive hard landings on my shitty knees and ankles. I'm a beginner but want to start wakestyle oriented-tricks, and later put boots on my board.
Rather get a 2010 or 2011 board so it will be cheaper, or a second-hand, as i'm on a budget.
I was looking at an Aboard W series (2011) and a less wakestyle oriented Xenon La Luz.

Thanks!
Nothing wakestyle about La Luz, flat board with loads of edge grip and big fins. Don't know anything about W Series.

Cabrinha Custom has some nice flex for presses, which also makes the landings softer.

Liquid Force LFX is from what I've heard (didn't try it unfortunately) the softest wakestyle board out there, so check if it fits you (it was earlier called Influence Grind).

Return to “Kitesurfing”