Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

What to do 60 minutes before leaving to go out for dinner

Postby SupaEZ » Sat May 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Drive to beach 1 min
Put in contacts 1min
Put on harness /get stuff out of car 1 min
Walk to beach,set up kite,pump (XR2 19 Riot),launch total: 8 minutes (wind is side-on 11-12 mph)

Enter surf (with strapped directional) that has 5 waves sets (2-3ft), do a back then forward then back then forward then carve turn toeside on last wave riding upwind to be beach then jibe to heelside head back out jump 1st wave then as 2nd wave gets close do a forward 1 1/2 with downloop and land toeside on wave and ride back in again.

Jibe again head out heelside jump 1st and 2 nd wave then for the third wave trow a backroll with downloop to toeside on wave.This time do not ride in toeside the wave,swith feet to heelside and look for bump to jump and do a straightline kiteloop and land on wave prepare to jibe switch to toeside and carve heelside back out.

First wave on the way out tweak a table top with downloop and land toeside on wave and ride in

Keep on repeating all this for 30 minutes ( i really like landing toeside :D )

Stop kiting ,land kite,pack it down,put everything in car,remove contacts,get home 11 minutes

8 minutes now to spare
Shower,get dressed 7 minutes

I beat the clock by 1 minute ( the best part is that i never wear a watch when i kite and i pull it off)

All this production for 30 minutes is always well worth it after work and before going out :thumb:

............................................................. :surf: :bravo: ............................................

oceansprince
Medium Poster
Local Beach: chios contari
Favorite Beaches: prasonisi
Style: waveride freestyle
Gear: cabrinha , wainman hawaii
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: What to do 60 minutes before leaving to go out for dinne

Postby oceansprince » Sat May 19, 2012 8:04 pm

its perfect to take 1 min to the beach... im lucky too in this part... but i need more time for all the rest ..
NO FUN IF YOU HURRY..!!
and if you have a date after the kitesurf.. i dont know about you , but im veerrryyy ""bad boy""
satisfaction make my hormones get exploded

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Sat May 19, 2012 8:58 pm

I work 2mins from the beach and do this on occasional lunch hours. very satisfying doing a session you would otherwise have missed. I find you inject a sense of urgency into your session and go super hardout. I usually pack as much action in a quick one hour session as i do on a longer one.

Now you could have saved time by not having a shower (yourve just cleaned yourself in the sea!) and getting dressed at the beach and going straight to your dinner venue!.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sun May 20, 2012 1:31 am

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :bye2:

Return to “Kitesurfing”