Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

foilboard manufacturers

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: foilboard manufacturers

Postby Laughingman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:40 am

C A R A F I N O 2014 wrote:YOU DONT WANT ANY FLEX IN A HYDROFOIL, SO THEREFORE, DO NOT COMPARE THEM TO WINDSURF FINS.

A FOIL NEEDS TO BE STIFF TO OVER COME UNDERWATER PRESSURES. THERE IS SO MUCH GOING ON UNDER THE WATER THAT IT IS BEST TO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. THERE'S JUST TOO MANY VARIABLES.

UNLESS YOUR DEALING WITH AMERICA'S CUP TECHNOLOGY, YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME. EVEN IF YOU ARE DEALING WITH THAT TECHNOLOGY, YOUR STILL WASTING YOUR TIME. HERE'S WHY; A RACE BOAT IS FINE TUNED TO THE KILO IN WEIGHT. ONCE ALL THE CONFIRMED DATA IS ENTERED INTO THE CALCULATION, YOU HAVE SPECIFICS TO MONITOR, PREDICT AND DETERMINE FOR PERFORMANCE.

HOWEVER, IN THE SPORT OF KITING, YOU HAVE DIFFERENT PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT WEIGHTS, HEIGHTS, STYLES OF RIDING, ETC. WHAT WORKS FOR ONE PERSON CANNOT NECESSARILY BE PREDICTED TO WORK FOR ALL IN THE SPORT OF HYDROFOIL KITEBOARDING.

JUST GO RIDE... OR RACE.
Can you please stop yelling?

Ventman
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Dos Mares
Style: Everything
Gear: All Kinds of Kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Ventman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:25 am

+1

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:18 am

:argue:
Last edited by Arcsrule on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board

Postby Laughingman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Arcsrule wrote:I LIKE CAPITAL LETTERS. THE GUY IS NOT YELLING. HE'S USING CAPITAL LETTERS. it couL D Be worse :0 ) many of us really old people cannot type, read, or even hit the correct letters... there is a grammar police job open though, and it pays really good. Toby should be sending you a big fat check :)
Using capital letters implies yelling to the general population of internet users
6. The language of the Internet. Though still a fairly young type of communication, certain aspects of this form of communication are becoming conventional. For example, do not write using all capital letters, because it will appear as shouting. Also, the use of emoticons can be helpful when used to convey nonverbal feelings (example: :-) or :-( ), but avoid overusing them.
source.... http://www.kent.edu/dl/technology/etiquette.cfm

As a brand Carafino should take how he presents himself online very seriously. I am only trying to help educate.

Sincerely
Pete

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Last edited by Arcsrule on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Arcsrule wrote:LITTLE or big, maKES NOD DIFFERENCE to me. :argue: the man knows what he talking about and that, I like :remybussi: considering the other mfg's were taught by him, and they have copied from him, and his prices are WAY BETTER --- (A REAL SHOUT HERE)--than the rest, he can shout at me all he wants :bye:

it'S ALL good :thumb:

My original ask was directed at Carafino. Not you.
So it doesn't really matter what makes a difference or does not make a difference to you. You are obviously a fan and therefore most anything that you post will be pro Carafino (regardless of if it is warranted or not ( I have no idea)).
Unless he changes how he presents himself and his brand many people will likely not be a fan, and it opens the door for other people to figure out how to make a similar quality product and market it positively and more effectively. There is a reason why other companies are trying to compete with him. Likely because they see this opportunity. Sure he was first to market, but so was Blackberry, look where that got them...... and trust me, he may currently be the most knowledgeable person regarding foils but there will always be the next guy that brings something new and better to the table. If you ignore a void, someone will fill it.

You are one person out of 1000s of users here. Most of which do care about how a brand is represented, it is good valid advice to Carafino to present himself in a positive and professional manner.
Got it?

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua

Postby Hawaiis » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:55 pm

"You are one person out of 1000s of users here."

I am that second person, and I don't like cyber bullying.
Last edited by Hawaiis on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Last edited by Arcsrule on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Agree with Laughingman, that it is very very rude to scream and yell at everybody :(

Doing so, you will typically obtain at least 4 things:

1. You sound extremely rude and unpolite - angry at everybody when yelling.
2. You sound like your words are the only truth.
3. You sound like you are putting everybody else down, if they have a different opinion.
4. You sound like it is pure PR.

So I will also give you this, just as a good advice - because if you feel a lot for a topic, you can not see how you "act" and represent yourself clearly :

In order to have anyone believe or listen to you, please use a decent language and way of communicating :thumb:

8) Peter

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Postby BraCuru » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:In order to have anyone believe or listen to you, please use a decent language and way of communicating
Maybe he's the first time user of any forum? No idea about netiquette?
If not - agree with all 4 points.

Return to “Hydrofoil”