All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Axis convertible reviews opinions for newb
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:46 pm 
Rare Poster

Looking to learn to use a surf board and foilboard and thought this would be a great board for both. Any opinions/ reviews out there? Would it be a problem to transition to strapless with this board? Thanks

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Axis convertible reviews opinions for newb
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:39 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Surfboards suck as foil boards. I have one and absolutely hate it. It's a good travel solution to take one board but other than that this should be separated into 2 boards. unless of course you don't care with sacrifices to both.
"hybrids" always does everything okay but nothing great since they are never designed for a sinlge purpose but can sort of do two things okay.
Just an opinion. of course i know 2 guys that like their foils on their custom surfboards.

Post subject: Re: Axis convertible reviews opinions for newb
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:05 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Agree, that a board designed for two things, suck at both....

That was the reason why bidis/mutants died IMO :(

On the other hand, you have to learn both hydrofoiling and wavesurfing from the start I can understand, so the board actually does not matter much, as you can hardly feel what is good and bad, before after years - and then you will have changed boards many times.

Sounds pretty hard, but I am serious :naughty:

What do you mean by "Would it be a problem to transition to strapless with this board?"

Are you talking about hydrofoil strapless, or waveriding ?

I would start strapless for waveriding, as if you have no experience you have to learn the board and edges inside out, and how "such a thing" works.
Then you can add straps later, when riding waves and you know how to now (or not if you prefer strapless, you will find out...)

For hydrofoiling, it works great strapless (a surfboard), and easy to make the transition (you have to start with straps, absolutely no discussion IMO).

So just the opposite here - start with straps for learning (it is the start that wont work strapless), and when you CAN hydrofoil, you can remove the straps and learn how to start, and enjoy riding freely on a silent flying magic carpet :thumb:

8) PF

[ 3 posts ]