Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Fast Look Inside Carafino Factory Lamination Room

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders


C A R A F I N O 2014
Medium Poster
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:52 am
Kiting since: 97
Local Beach: Maui and the World.
Favorite Beaches: Maui and the World.
Style: Perfect
Gear: CARAFINO AND NAISH
Brand Affiliation: CARAFINO AND NAISH

Fast Look Inside Carafino Factory Lamination Room

Postby C A R A F I N O 2014 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:21 am

Hello All off you out there in the Kite Surfing World:

After visiting the KTA Asia Kite racing event in the Northern Islands of Indonesia last weekend, I have decided that C A R A F I N O will produce race hydrofoil boards with the tuttle attachment box to fit all brands of hydrofoils on the market.

I have since researched every other brand hydrofoil race board and computer designed what I believe to be the sleekest,fastest,light weight racing board for hydrofoil racing there is thus yet. I will release this new model over the weekend.

C A R A F I N O is strongly considering to offer a 2 4 1 on the TUTTLE BOX Hydrofoil Kite Race boards so that others out there who are using a hydrofoil with the tuttle attachment can get in on the opportunity to expand their quiver.

In the meantime, I have brought my camera into the lamination room to show our glassing production to ensure all parties, we are hard at work daily creating C A R A F I N O product See link below.

http://youtu.be/FN0kIlF0j9E



I hope you enjoy the video and photos. Stay tuned to kiteforum.com for the latest news and video from C A R A F I N O for the race board pricing 2 4 1. HYDROFOIL NOT INCLUDED in the offer for C A R A F I N O race board tuttle box special offer.

Regards to the world of hydrofoil kiteboarders.

C A R A F I N O

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 769
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:15 pm
Kiting since: 1987
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites
Location: France

Re: Fast Look Inside Carafino Factory Lamination Room

Postby revhed » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 pm

sorry... but...
Where is the ventilation and, or chemical masks for those laminating with epoxy?
Huge surface areas being done, tons of toxic fumes!
One would be very careful posting such a video in the USA as OSHA surly would have something to say.
I wonder what the Indonesian Authorities would say or do if they knew! With video as proof even!
Really, I am sorry, but I have been following the "C" soap opera for years, but this is to much!!
Is this why he can sell his product for so cheap? And what are they paid?
If he is willing to overlook the health of his employees, what else?
Really, I have tried to stay out of this, but what do you think?
revhed
Sorry TOBY for being so outspoken, but really!!

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Fast Look Inside Carafino Factory Lamination Room

Postby Tone » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:45 pm

revhed wrote:sorry... but...
Where is the ventilation and, or chemical masks for those laminating with epoxy?
Huge surface areas being done, tons of toxic fumes!
One would be very careful posting such a video in the USA as OSHA surly would have something to say.
I wonder what the Indonesian Authorities would say or do if they knew! With video as proof even!
Really, I am sorry, but I have been following the "C" soap opera for years, but this is to much!!
Is this why he can sell his product for so cheap? And what are they paid?
If he is willing to overlook the health of his employees, what else?
Really, I have tried to stay out of this, but what do you think?
revhed
Sorry TOBY for being so outspoken, but really!!



Completely agree!

It doesn't look like a place where a product can be produced with the safety of the workers (most important) and where a good quality of product can be produced. too much dust!

These are only the boards, I wonder under what conditions the foils are made!

Really bad advert.

User avatar
Rotule
Medium Poster
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:00 pm
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Core Xr3 6M,Core Xr3 9M, GTS3 12M and GTS3LW 17M
Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and 5'6" and Shinn Monk
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Fast Look Inside Carafino Factory Lamination Room

Postby Rotule » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Tone wrote:These are only the boards, I wonder under what conditions the foils are made!


Since you seems to "know" a lot about composites, you are probably a composite engineer? NOT

i suggest you start your own topic named "flaming and whinning"

regards

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Fast Look Inside Carafino Factory Lamination Room

Postby Tone » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:07 pm

Rotule wrote:
Tone wrote:These are only the boards, I wonder under what conditions the foils are made!


Since you seems to "know" a lot about composites, you are probably a composite engineer? NOT

i suggest you start your own topic named "flaming and whinning"

regards


I am not a composite engineer.

But I can read.

Never seen any other pictures or video of board manufacturers not using protection. A handkerchief around the mouth is not protection.

http://www.westsystem.com/ss/how-to-pre ... -to-epoxy/
http://www.westsystem.com/ss/health-eff ... -to-epoxy/

regards

FrederikS
Medium Poster
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:33 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Fast Look Inside Carafino Factory Lamination Room

Postby FrederikS » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:17 pm

So the minimum safety gear for working with epoxy assuming you have a well ventilated area is. For hand lay-up this is the standard in the EU.

A2P2 or better class mask
Full cover work clothes
Two layer of classed nitrile gloves

Main rule is limit exposure and chance and exposure. Here we see women in regular clothes. They are definitely not wearing correct masks. They are using their hands to distribute epoxy.

And to counter Rotule, yes I have an engineering degree in composites design and manufacturing.

Completely agree with Tone here.

User avatar
Rotule
Medium Poster
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:00 pm
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Core Xr3 6M,Core Xr3 9M, GTS3 12M and GTS3LW 17M
Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and 5'6" and Shinn Monk
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Fast Look Inside Carafino Factory Lamination Room

Postby Rotule » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:36 pm

FrederikS wrote:So the minimum safety gear for working with epoxy assuming you have a well ventilated area is. For hand lay-up this is the standard in the EU.

A2P2 or better class mask
Full cover work clothes
Two layer of classed nitrile gloves

Main rule is limit exposure and chance and exposure. Here we see women in regular clothes. They are definitely not wearing correct masks. They are using their hands to distribute epoxy.

And to counter Rotule, yes I have an engineering degree in composites design and manufacturing.

Completely agree with Tone here.


don't worry, i do agree that the safety equipement is too low in this, but i do know as well that the "value of life" (i don't know if you can say this in english) in those emerging countries is usually a lot lower than here. And my guess is that the safety regulation in those countries are low to inexistant in the composite domain.

AS for your degree, glad to have your info, but the line i was referring was about the foil fab (saying it must be worst) (wich is more likely NOT wet-layup (wich is the worst i think), i would do this with prepreg or infusion at first look.)

i am more reacting to the fact that from all the post TONE done in carafino thread, 100% are just negative reaction to everything from carafino . :argue: we know his opinion now so he could stop.

User avatar
Aummm
Medium Poster
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:51 am
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!
Location: Soul Riding

Re: Fast Look Inside Carafino Factory Lamination Room

Postby Aummm » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:04 pm

I think Carafino had a good intention to share how his boards are done,
what no other manufacturer are willing to share :argue:
He is the pioneer of hydro-foiling in kiteboarding, but looks like some people are jealous and some brands started feeling the pinch.
I believe this forum should have nothing to do on judging and assumption how a product is manufactured through a presentation video :nono:
Why not wait until the final product is released and only than review that :?: :duh:

A

SalmonSlayer
Frequent Poster
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Fast Look Inside Carafino Factory Lamination Room

Postby SalmonSlayer » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:40 pm

So now you see a video of a small equipment manufacturer in another country and you are shocked. I would bet there is a lot of other gear you (you = those offended by the working conditions) buy that is made in the same conditions, but you are not seeing it on video. Ignorance is bliss.

User avatar
Rotule
Medium Poster
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:00 pm
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Core Xr3 6M,Core Xr3 9M, GTS3 12M and GTS3LW 17M
Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and 5'6" and Shinn Monk
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Fast Look Inside Carafino Factory Lamination Room

Postby Rotule » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:47 pm

AMEN


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests