Brand Affiliation: CARAFINO AND NAISH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Carafino: Race Board 2014

Postby C A R A F I N O 2014 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Carafino News:

Race Board 2014

Hello all riders in the world of hydrofoil kite surfing:

Hope this post finds you well and in good spirits.

This is the new modified Race Performance board by C A R A F I N O for the year 2014.

We originally where going to present a different model, however, our first model is too futuristic for the market. Therefore, we are releasing a design from our drawing board known as the Performance Race Series as seen below. All boards are cut with the APS robotic cutting machine.

The Performance Race Series board will be featured in video presentation this week coming.

The same board will be available in 2 models, one model compatible with Carafino hydrofoils for diamond attachment. The exact same board in a second model compatible to every hydrofoil brand on the market using a Tuttle Box system, so that you can attach the hydrofoils of your choice to the board.

The characteristics of the board are in line with the industry standard of foil racing boards.

However, Carafino has streamlined this board to provide rail and bow piercing technology to prevent a loss of speed when touching the water. The bow is designed to correct itself immediately and avoid submerging. The forward profile of the board will slice the water away as opposed to a round fat bulky nose that hits the water forcefully pushing the water forward and slowing the board down, causing a tremendous loss of speed and seconds while compromising the riders balance during racing.

Carafino will do a 2 4 1 on the race boards and officially announce the offer through kiteforum.com, The offer will include only the race board (no hydrofoil) and be available either in two for one of the tuttle box attachment, two for one in Carafino and tuttle, or two for one in Carafino attachment. Get two of a kind or mix it up.

The board will be available in Red, White, Bluegray and Sand colors. The dims are 160 x 51.5 x 7.5 cm. Dims written on spec sheet below have been modified slightly after prototype testing improving the performance. Current weight under 4KG. The board is a 2 or 3 strap set up depending on rider preference. It is featured with Carafino designed foot strap inserts that allow the rider to slide the strap forward or aft for locating the sweet spot of rider stance. The board will be provided with straps and foot padding along with hardware to attach the straps. Pricing for the 2 for1 Performance Race Series model will be between 990 and 1150 USD. Pricing to be confirmed later next week.

All current customers who have ordered the race board(s) will receive this model. All customers who have ordered performance only models may upgrade to this model, however, your order will be delayed slightly as you have already been qued up for Performance.

Stay tuned to Kiteforum.com for all updates on the progress of race boards and hydrofoils for the market. Shipping to begin for first ordered customers third week of February confirmed, all secondary and third seeded plus orders to follow immediately thereafter.

Regards,

C A R A F I N O

www.carafinohydrofoilboard.com
Attachments
Carafino Performance Race Series as Smart Object-1.jpg
Carafino Performance Race Series as Smart Object-1.jpg (202.85 KiB) Viewed 3673 times

Keoni
Rare Poster
Local Beach: All windy spots.
Favorite Beaches: Whereever it is windy.
Style: Riding Fast.
Gear: Custom
Brand Affiliation: IKA

Re: Carafino: Race Board 2014

Postby Keoni » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Awesome... He is the first mover in the market. This product looks revolutionary for the sport. I'm in rush!

lezo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 80kgs
Local Beach: I have local friends at many beaches now!
Favorite Beaches: Mostly riding these days North Fuerte beaches or wavespots of the French Atlantic/North coast.
Gear: Custom wavesurf board with RRD Religions, custom foilkite with Peak5s, Ozone Edges for boosting.

Postby lezo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Keoni wrote:Awesome... He is the first mover in the market. This product looks revolutionary for the sport. I'm in rush!
Wow, interesting first post! :-?

A less enthusiastic observer would find it funny to have announced a first, immature and probably ill-designed (in Carafino marketing that gives "too futuristic") product, than propose the current mainstream design with beveled rails as revolutionary. Anyway, the price looks good, but it is really strange to propose an unseen and untested product first as a 2 4 1 deal, just like the new revolutionary Carafino foil.
Last edited by lezo on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keoni
Rare Poster

Postby Keoni » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:09 am

Hey lez,

I tested and ordered the product.

If you are good as much as writing on internet, see you on the water... :nono:

P.s. i can explain my thoughts with couple of sentences instead of hesitation messages. :lol:

SpunMonkey
Medium Poster
Style: Directionals, foils, and sailing
Gear: Foils, underwater and in the air
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby SpunMonkey » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:06 am

Board seems a bit backwards to me. I would have put the chamfered sides facing the water. More useable deck area. Riding strapless, I move my feet all over the place- Occasionally all the way to the edge of the board:
1) to rock that thing to windward when I'm super powerd and cranking upwind
2)Ease the pressure on my legs

my 2 cents...

lezo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 80kgs
Local Beach: I have local friends at many beaches now!
Favorite Beaches: Mostly riding these days North Fuerte beaches or wavespots of the French Atlantic/North coast.
Gear: Custom wavesurf board with RRD Religions, custom foilkite with Peak5s, Ozone Edges for boosting.

Postby lezo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:25 am

Keoni wrote:Hey lez,

P.s. i can explain my thoughts with couple of sentences instead of hesitation messages. :lol:
Wow again. You must be then really fast.

So you already ordered a product for which "Pricing to be confirmed later next week." How did you pay? You told your bank to send "between 990 and 1150 USD"?

I still wonder what did you mean by "i can explain my thoughts with couple of sentences instead of hesitation messages." You know, there is another guy here bragging and writing like you and he is called CARAFINO 2014.

So 2 4 1 for Kiteforum means that we got two nicknames for the same person: CARAFINO 2014 and his enthusiastic first client Keoni?

Keoni
Rare Poster

Postby Keoni » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:42 pm

lezo wrote:

So you already ordered a product for which "Pricing to be confirmed later next week." How did you pay? You told your bank to send "between 990 and 1150 USD"?

I still wonder what did you mean by "i can explain my thoughts with couple of sentences instead of hesitation messages." You know, there is another guy here bragging and writing like you and he is called CARAFINO 2014.

So 2 4 1 for Kiteforum means that we got two nicknames for the same person: CARAFINO 2014 and his enthusiastic first client Keoni?

Hahaha :lol: you are paranoic remora brachyptera :)

Sorry. I can't chat with you anymore. This forum is for community. If you want send me pm and i'm ready to answer your all questions. I write to share my opinion with real kiteaddicts. Anyway, the sport will be growth.

I strongly recommend that product who wants to have fun and compete in championships.

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Great Keoni!
Finally someone has seen and even tested the new boards from Carafino.
I am hoping that because the test board was made in Bali and sent to you that you can TAKE GOOD pictures and post them so we can all see!
Please a top (birds eye view) photo so we can see insert and strap placement.
And also please a bottom of board photo to see where and how foil assembly is attached.
Waiting to see your pictures, THANX!
revhed

Bain
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Bain » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:46 pm

lezo wrote:

Reminds me of what Best used to do on here back in the day.

C A R A F I N O 2014
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maui and the World.
Favorite Beaches: Maui and the World.
Style: Perfect
Gear: CARAFINO AND NAISH
Brand Affiliation: CARAFINO AND NAISH

Postby C A R A F I N O 2014 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:46 pm

SpunMonkey wrote:Board seems a bit backwards to me. I would have put the chamfered sides facing the water. More useable deck area. Riding strapless, I move my feet all over the place- Occasionally all the way to the edge of the board:
1) to rock that thing to windward when I'm super powerd and cranking upwind
2)Ease the pressure on my legs

my 2 cents...
Hello Friend and thank you for your email:

The slanted sharp rails knife the water when on an angle and create zero drag, they also put the board back up as oppose to the round rail that enters the water and tends to stay in the water while creating more surface area for the water to adhere to. With the knife rails, they sever the waters surface while maintain the forward drive. The drawing can be a bit deceptive as it does not show the actual product and may give the imagination some illusion.

The board I will feature in two days for everyone to view here on Kiteforum.com

The deck has a slight bevel that is design to add structural integrity, with the pad on the board you do not notice the bevel at all. Believe me when I tell you the board will drive to windward way easier than the rounded rail boards with fat bull noses.

Your basically riding a catamaran hull that has been turned on it's side. Then slightly modified to fly fast with a deck side. You will have plenty of deck space. My belief is that less board flies faster. So if you require a board with more room on the deck, your going backwards. I have met 60 year old men in Spain riding skim boards attached to their foils and going strapless. Less board is better. Fat boards are training wheels on a foil. If you are to move all over your board, than this means you could be going faster. However, this is what the industry wants now. So we make it. But the future of C A R A F I N O will be to introduce to the market what we believe every racer should be on. It will change both traditional course racing and foilboard design. At the moment we have a full plate. However, it is coming for the world of Hydrofoil Kite Surfing sport.

In time, you will see the race board being reduced in size. Same as the beginning stages of big wave tow in surfing. The industry standard at that time was big board for big waves. However, as the sport progressed, boards where reduced to the size of under six feet long from 7;+ inches and in some cases to 5'0. However, you would never catch me riding a board less than 6'10 at Jaws and weighing not less than 22 pounds.

I have included this small clip to give the eye a better image of what we are cutting and glassing. I will debut the product in two more days.

Thank you for your patience and input.

I appreciate it.

Keep the comments coming.

C A R A F I N O

Return to “Hydrofoil”