Carafino Update March 15

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
stefaans
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carafino Update March 15

Postby stefaans » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:15 pm

Randhal is posting to prevent more people from being in your position Arcsrule. Exactly what these forums are for.

Keoni
Rare Poster
Local Beach: All windy spots.
Favorite Beaches: Whereever it is windy.
Style: Riding Fast.
Gear: Custom
Brand Affiliation: IKA

Postby Keoni » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Dear Foilers,

Let's make a quick look for the previous posts.

He follows the schedule and we can easily recognize the steps which he is following... (Equipments, Prototype, Materials, Priority, Logo etc.) I follow all the steps in dialogue.

Mango is doing what he knows best and which is his life...If you were Mango, Would you like to waste your life? Besides, He is the inventor of the kite foil. Probobly, He is the most credible brand name. But, Yes, I agree he is not corporate. But, This is the reason you make cheaper order.

Yes, Delivery time was extended and he excuse about it. This excuse is not acceptable for some of us. They will use their voucher, discount or etc.

He just said I'm at hospital. Do you know what does it mean?

Keep calm and stay in touch!

We will have the best boards soon.

Windy Regards,

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Arcsrule » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:58 pm

vide wrote:Hi Mango,

Sorry to hear you are not well.

Instead of chasing new orders or speculating about people on the forum, do you think you or someone else from Carafino (surely you have many staff of you are building 500 boards) could provide some customer service and tell us when we will receive our foils? We went to the trouble to transfer over $10,000 to you many weeks ago, agreeing to your request to pay the total amount up front.

We have our race nationals starting this week, which clearly we have missed. The wind in Melbourne literally dies in a few weeks and it gets very cold, so I won't be foiling until September / October if I don't get my foil soon. I don't think it's too much to ask to be updated on our delivery, when we have paid for product that has now missed it's promised shipping date.

I think what you are aiming to do with your product and price is fantastic, but as I am sure you know business lives or dies on customer service which in turn determines reputation. We just want a date and commitment. We have made our commitment with our credit cards!

Your existing customers should come before new orders!
Vide said it well.

SpunMonkey
Medium Poster
Style: Directionals, foils, and sailing
Gear: Foils, underwater and in the air

Postby SpunMonkey » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:08 pm

Firstly I must say, I have learned to ride on a 2008 carafino foil. It works and I am impressed that it does. It's not exactly "carbon" and it needs a good drying out between sessions. I have since ridden other foils and the carafino is like riding sandpaper with a bucket dragging behind. When I first saw the two for one I thought what the heck and made contact w carafino. I won't go into details but I decided against it. Sadly now I find watching this comical. Truly.

Did carafino really call in sick to school?

Keoni sure seems like Carafino..

I heard about this guy in prison who consistently returns over 28%. Anybody interested?
Last edited by SpunMonkey on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

lezo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 80kgs
Local Beach: I have local friends at many beaches now!
Favorite Beaches: Mostly riding these days North Fuerte beaches or wavespots of the French Atlantic/North coast.
Gear: Custom wavesurf board with RRD Religions, custom foilkite with Peak5s, Ozone Edges for boosting.

Postby lezo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:25 pm

Nobody can claim here being naive: you were warned.

Randahl
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SF Bay, San Diego
Favorite Beaches: San Felipe BC, Mission Bay and San Diego at large, Belmont, C Street, Emma Wood, Ledbetter, Sherman, East Bay
Style: Foils and Twins
Gear: Sword 2, Camet, Ozone, F-One

Postby Randahl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:58 am

Keoni wrote: Besides, He is the inventor of the kite foil. Probobly, He is the most credible brand name. But, Yes, I agree he is not corporate.
For a list of the most credible brand names might I direct you to the race results page for the Gold Cup found on this forum? Or perhaps to a video demonstrating one of the other non-racing foils being ridden? Or for a non-corporate foil maybe the home made foils from Hawaiis or Christoff? At least I have seen those being ridden.

It seems to me the natural order of progression would be to build and test prototypes, maybe even enter them into a race, maybe even get your brand name in the top 10. Then with that credibility you make a video, get investment, sell some foils, pay off your investors, get more investment, and then try to go into full production.

Sorry to all of you who do have a dog in this fight. I'll stop twisting the knife now.

Johnny Rotten
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Surf and wake
Gear: Vegas
Torch
Neo's
Hand made boards of pure excellence

Postby Johnny Rotten » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Randahl wrote: It seems to me the natural order of progression would be to build and test prototypes, maybe even enter them into a race, maybe even get your brand name in the top 10. Then with that credibility you make a video, get investment, sell some foils, pay off your investors, get more investment, and then try to go into full production.
That would be a logical progression. However if you actually have a superior design or good idea some company or dick with a big wallet will copy it and mass produce it before you can come up with the money to get the thing off the ground then undercut you at half the price. After you just spent all the time on the research

I've seen this happen over and over with really GREAT ideas. If you wanna be successful you gotta, mortgage the house, take downpayments and just GO FOR IT! All in. Bet the farm. be the first. Work till your sick, then use the profits to stay ahead of the competition.

Maybe this is why taaroa is a likely a little negative on Carafino (and vice versa)
In my opinion both have been innovative and both have paid their dues, let the best product at the best cost win.

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Postby BraCuru » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:18 am

Arcsrule wrote:people like you showing up and running your mouth makes our situation even worse.
Arcsule - you might be right but would you admit that people like you caused this bad situation for the "world of foilboarding", wouldn't you?
Your blind belief and enthusiasm convinced some riders who ended up like you in unenviable situation. You were pouring oil on Carafino's fire. Without your commitment some of them would not wait for the "revolutionary" offer and would be riding by now on "ordinary" foils from other companies. Please don't blame anybody except yourself and think twiece before posting such comments.
BTW.
Wonder how many of KF users (to be newbie) decided to wait with their firstbuy?
I heard about planned 45 boards ish to be ordered from mango by Poles (this is from Polish foil forum). All of them minus one (me) would be riders who've never ridden a foil.
I came back from Thailand where I go with a friend. He is really greatfull to me for convincing him not to buy a pig in a poke. He decided to pay more, get a brand new foil from a stock in a week and finally learned foiling.

The Carafino's offer supposed to trigger the foil boom among newbies or even racing pros who wanted to become champs. What did it trigger instead? So far disappointment, frustration, wasted precious time. I hope they are not going to be called "a Carafino's lost generation".

I see two safe exits from this situation:
a. it was not a scam,
b. forget about it buy anything else and join the happy people club.

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish

Postby Nico » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:55 pm

SOunds like a cuben fiber repeat : )
I bouhgt my foil with boots from Mango around 2000 or 2001. The guy was cool then. seemed like a regular guy, cause he replaced one of the boots which was a wrong size without a fuss. At the time there was only him, so repect for that !
N

Truc
Rare Poster
Gear: An hydrofoil

Postby Truc » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:03 am

SpunMonkey wrote:
Keoni sure seems like Carafino..
OK, let's try to review this member messages.

There is an interesting search method in the member zone on the forum, here are some extracts taken from the 4 messages written by Keoni:

Just note that Keoni registered Feb 3rd 2014
He sent only messages in the hydrofoil section
and only messages about Carafino products ...

Message 1: Awesome... He is the first mover in the market. This product looks revolutionary for the sport. I'm in rush!
Message 2: I tested and ordered the product. If you are good as much as writing on internet, see you on the water...
Message 3: I strongly recommend that product who wants to have fun and compete in championships.
Message 4: Besides, He is the inventor of the kite foil.
Attachments
Keoni.jpg

Return to “Hydrofoil”