All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Liquid Force fun foil
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:07 pm 
Rare Poster

Little video of our foil and board being tested in Hood River. We are getting closer and closer to bring it to everyone!!! and we think everyone will enjoy! there is a little clip in there showing the board deflection in a "porpoise" situation. Yeah, ended in a crash, but you can see that the pearling is deflected and the crash was a result of the pilots miss direction....

enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:57 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hey LF, are you actually putting a foil into production?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:03 pm 
Frequent Poster

on LF Facebook page i asked the same.
they told me in 3 months more they would be available.
:thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:16 pm 
Rare Poster

yes we are! right now we are in what i would call the final stretch of R&D...we have some great goals for this foil project that we think everyone will appreciate. as to when it will be available..well..we don't want to make promises or create short term hopes..it really depends on when it is perfect and meets our design targets! Then we will release!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:18 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Excited to see how this turns out!

Is it all aluminum? I hope it's not a combination of aluminum and carbon fiber. Carbon fiber touching aluminum in salt water is a major corrosion problem because they are at opposite ends of the galvanic series :-?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:45 am 
Frequent Poster

Hello Liquid forcé guys!
Will the board and foil be sold as combo (foil + board) or will the foil be available for sale without the board like other manufacturers?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:03 pm 
Rare Poster

Hey Davesails, yes we are aware of the galvanic corrosion! As you can tell we are working with aluminum and we are working with some in treating wing materials! I have to thank you for bringing the possible problem up!!! very very cool of you to do so!!! A comment like this can save brands like us and our patrons many headaches! So! big thanks!

Windfreak, yep..we will have a complete board and foil set up along with just a foil set available!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:44 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

liquid Force...i'll be watching this for sure!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:20 am 
Very Frequent Poster

liquidforcekites wrote:
we are working with some in treating wing materials!

Did you mean you are "working with someone in treating the wing material" or "working with some interesting wing materials"?

Were the yellowish colored prototype wings G10 material like is used for formula raceboard fins? I was wondering why others weren't trying to use CNC cut G10 when it was the most popular material for the formula fins. Maybe not stiff enough?

If the price is reasonable and the performance is any good at all I'll buy one for sure! I like seeing that you've gone though so many prototypes to get it right. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:08 pm 
Rare Poster

davesails..whoops..yep..sometimes my fingers go faster than my brain!! or maybe the other way around..ha! yes it was supposed to be "interesting" materials. This is a point were we need to be a touch secretive on this subject (sorry). We have made all our early protos out of G10 and some latter out of these "interesting" materials and material combinations. G10 is actually pretty hard to work with when it comes to these modern foil designs. Well..not hard, lets just say there is a ton of waist. Where foils differ from race fins is that there is not just "foil" across the surface of the wing but there is also curve from wingtip to wing tip. To achieve this you have to use a HUGE block of G10! Not that cost conscious and it creates material waist...also..G10 is heavy..

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next