less Carafino more hydrofoil

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: less Carafino more hydrofoil

Postby Robsw6 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:37 am

wind_rider wrote:but Im looking at an Aguera Foil which looks good and is reassuringly expensive and wondered what the experience is here
Let me know how you get on..... Alex is a total Gentleman to deal with..... also, lets not forget, he is a legend !

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 am

I'd expect nothing but a professional experience with Mr Aguera.

I'd love one of his foils but I cannot justify the expense, especially with shipping to the UK.

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:40 am

Tone wrote: especially with shipping to the UK.
My SL60 slalom board was approx £300 for fedex

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Starsky » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:30 am

TheRussian wrote:
wind_rider wrote:but Im looking at an Aguera Foil which looks good and is reassuringly expensive and wondered what the experience is here
Let me know how you get on..... Alex is a total Gentleman to deal with..... also, lets not forget, he is a legend !
FYI If you make it your personal mission to ruin him via multiple user accounts slandering him all over the internet in efforts to sink his livelihood, he might get a little prickly and not want to sell you one!

REASURINGLY EXPESIVE???? Like your not in the business. Somehow I doubt Mr Mango is the first person to ever want to throttle you!

Now that he is CLEARLY intending to deliver all the goods instead of escaping to live like a super villain on some carabean island with a few thousand scammed bucks. You are free to Shut your hole and fade quietly into oblivion.

At least Tone, the first and only poster on here to give you any traction has had the courtesy to others to back-pedal the rhetoric.

alsbirk
Frequent Poster
Gear: LF prod. and samples
Brand Affiliation: Involved with R&D for LF
Been thanked: 0

Postby alsbirk » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:52 am

Well put Starsky!

Now please just give Carafino a break and let him focus on his work instead of spending time and worry defending himself from internet moorons :nono:

I´m quite sure he is doing the most he can to have us all flying soon, some posters in here has for sure helped pushing the timeline in the wrong direction.

We just got confirmed that our stuff is shipping and we have the tracking contact etc. I can´t wait to ride that thing :-)

Thanks for all your effort and the personal status updates Carafino!

/Thomas

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:19 pm

Starsky wrote:
TheRussian wrote:
FYI If you make it your personal mission to ruin him via multiple user accounts slandering him all over the internet in efforts to sink his livelihood, he might get a little prickly and not want to sell you one!

REASURINGLY EXPESIVE???? Like your not in the business. Somehow I doubt Mr Mango is the first person to ever want to throttle you!

Now that he is CLEARLY intending to deliver all the goods instead of escaping to live like a super villain on some carabean island with a few thousand scammed bucks. You are free to Shut your hole and fade quietly into oblivion.

At least Tone, the first and only poster on here to give you any traction has had the courtesy to others to back-pedal the rhetoric.
As I have originally stated, I never wanted anyone to NOT get their gear. I appreciate that it's looking like Carafino has come good on his deal and I look forward to seeing vids of people on their carafino boards and foils.

Carafino has a very strange way to run a business, one that I don't appreciate but I do appreciate it must have been a massive undertaking to produce so many boards and foils. It's great to see the deal working out and people getting their kit.

Now as long as he can continue to fix his reputation, we can hope to see a brand which is strong and reliable.

Tony

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Robsw6 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Starsky wrote:
TheRussian wrote:

WTF.... not sure who that barrage was aimed at :allbegood:
I thought this was the less CF thread :wink:

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:45 pm

Not you man, sorry, used your quote for context. Had hoped it read as directed @ wind_tard.

That Aguera is a total legend, and I don't doubt a gentleman in every sense was part of my point.

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Robsw6 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:11 am

Starsky wrote:Not you man, sorry, used your quote for context. Had hoped it read as directed @ wind_tard.

That Aguera is a total legend, and I don't doubt a gentleman in every sense was part of my point.
No worries.

wrong thread,,, but, I have met WR on the beach & he told me he is down two sets of payments, lets hope anyone who is out of pocket gets refunded

Return to “Hydrofoil”