Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Carafino - let's end up the show please!

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Cabrinha Apollo Kites, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards, 24Surf.pl
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF, Cabrinha

Carafino - let's end up the show please!

Postby BraCuru » Fri May 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Chris,

Everybody is tired with your saga. Let's finish it. Respect people who trusted you and all users of this forum.
Please answer just a simple question and all would be clear:
WHAT WAS A PASSPORT NAME OF YOUR PRODUCTION MANAGER WHO WAS ON BOARD OF THE MALAYSIAN AIRLINES FLIGHT MH370?

Johnny Rotten
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Style: Surf and wake
Gear: Vegas
Torch
Neo's
Hand made boards of pure excellence
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: C A R A F I N O - let's end up the show please!

Postby Johnny Rotten » Fri May 23, 2014 5:56 pm

The way this ends is either
a) he delivers the foils
b) he does not.

Whether that guy was or was not on a flight is irrelvant....Based on statistical probablility it's likely bullshit....If it isn't BS. it's fuckin offensive that you are demanding he bring up the name of a dead person for the vultures to pick at whilst crying liar......The names are posted everywhere, It wouldn't prove anything.

peoples perception of Carafinos character (justifyably or not) has already been established...You're beating a dead horse here, careful not to get the smell on yourself.

If he were a complete scammer he wouldn't have bothered to build anything.
Given people have gotten boards is a pretty good sign of the mans intentions...whether or not he can finish the deal remains to be seen.

He's having production problems getting the foils done.....The details of which he may not wish to share...........he may never get them done or done well......It should be obvious he financed this operation with down payments on his 2 for 1 deal to offset start up costs.....and may run out of funds, especialy with no more orders coming in after having his offer dragged through the mud here on his only potential customer base.

....A self fulfilling prophecy to some degeee....So if he doesn't deliver, you can all pat yourselves on the back.....you did it.....No one gets a $1600 kitefoil....a bunch of people lose thier money...... Carafino won't build anything again....and anyone waiting on the sidelines can go pay 4000 somewhere else.

Congratulations....You were right

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Re: Carafino - let's end up the show please!

Postby soul19 » Fri May 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Well said Johnny! There are way too many threads on this forum about Carafino to have this one started as well. I can understand the degree to what his consumers are feeling but I will assume that he is trying to get the foils made to keep in business. I honestly hope that he comes good and that he is able to see his venture become quite successful (I like when people live their passions). There are issues right now that do need to be addressed but they aren't at the point that he can't overcome and have streams of positive feedback. No need for another Eclipse fiasco!

James

wind_rider
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: UK
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Freestyle
Gear: slingshot

Postby wind_rider » Fri May 23, 2014 6:25 pm

I am also waiting with intense anticipation to see the 1st foil delivered to see if the information I am getting (which Im sharing here to warn others to be careful handing over money like me) is correct or not.

I am prepared entirely at my own expenses to have that 1st foil fully tested by the worlds leading authority the Wolfson Unit in Southampton and we will soon establish if it is a quality piece of kit or not. I will share the results prepared by an impartial 3rd party for all to see as previous experience shows he is selling very poor quality equipment that will quickly break.

http://www.carafinouk.com/indexcara.html

If (and that is a massive if) it turns out to be scenario a. and that can be shown to have come out of a mould and it stands engineering scrutiny that proves he has the ability to produce and reproduce. But there is a scenario c. that he then collects $1 million + in down payments of which how many will actually be delivered and how many will last more than 5 minutes.

That he is a liar of the highest magnitude there is no doubt. He tol;d me he physically had a large quantity of foils personally in his own hands and when I told him I would be on the next flight to Bali that's when the threats started. In fact every single thing he has ever told me has proven to be a lie.

The concerns being raised are entirely legitimate and ones that Carafino has it within his power to address but he choses not to for reasons known only to him. Will the speculation he has created lead to a self fulfilling prophesy. Possibly but that is the way he choses to do business.

There are 2 groups of people giving him money 1. People trying to get in to a great area of the sport which is a bit cost and technology prohibitive 2. People who think they can make a fast buck.

I only have sympathy for the 1st group but there is an expression in the UK "If you pay peanuts you get monkeys" and this is the best example I have ever seen of that.

I have bought what seems to be a very good moses board where the board and foil are full carbon and a tiny fraction of the thickness (and weight I would imagine) for a 10% premium over a carafino board which is massively better than sitting on a beach in prime learning conditions wondering if the good I paid for will ever appear and I suggest you research the alternatives from quality suppliers.

On which note Im off kite hydrofoiling.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri May 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Can we see your hydro sharknado testing numbers for the moses foil too.... you know, keep it objective.

wind_rider
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: UK
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Freestyle
Gear: slingshot

Postby wind_rider » Fri May 23, 2014 7:33 pm

I don't have any reason to doubt a Moses Foil. I have massive issues with Carafino. So hard to be subjective. Hence why I would get an independent report. He has pissed me off that much.

If he can deliver 10% of what he promised I will take my hat off to him but he will always be a liar and the way he does business threatening suppliers, employes and customers is reason enough not to touch his products with a shitty stick..

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:34 pm

wind_rider wrote:I am also waiting with intense anticipation to see the 1st foil delivered to see if the information I am getting (which Im sharing here to warn others to be careful handing over money like me) is correct or not.

I am prepared entirely at my own expenses to have that 1st foil fully tested by the worlds leading authority the Wolfson Unit in Southampton and we will soon establish if it is a quality piece of kit or not. I will share the results prepared by an impartial 3rd party for all to see as previous experience shows he is selling very poor quality equipment that will quickly break.

http://www.carafinouk.com/indexcara.html

If (and that is a massive if) it turns out to be scenario a. and that can be shown to have come out of a mould and it stands engineering scrutiny that proves he has the ability to produce and reproduce. But there is a scenario c. that he then collects $1 million + in down payments of which how many will actually be delivered and how many will last more than 5 minutes.

That he is a liar of the highest magnitude there is no doubt. He tol;d me he physically had a large quantity of foils personally in his own hands and when I told him I would be on the next flight to Bali that's when the threats started. In fact every single thing he has ever told me has proven to be a lie.

The concerns being raised are entirely legitimate and ones that Carafino has it within his power to address but he choses not to for reasons known only to him. Will the speculation he has created lead to a self fulfilling prophesy. Possibly but that is the way he choses to do business.

There are 2 groups of people giving him money 1. People trying to get in to a great area of the sport which is a bit cost and technology prohibitive 2. People who think they can make a fast buck.

I only have sympathy for the 1st group but there is an expression in the UK "If you pay peanuts you get monkeys" and this is the best example I have ever seen of that.

I have bought what seems to be a very good moses board where the board and foil are full carbon and a tiny fraction of the thickness (and weight I would imagine) for a 10% premium over a carafino board which is massively better than sitting on a beach in prime learning conditions wondering if the good I paid for will ever appear and I suggest you research the alternatives from quality suppliers.

On which note Im off kite hydrofoiling.
Wind_rider your post are confusing to read man.... I get the concept but either simplify the message or follow through with the full thought! You have a legitimate complaint and I hate to see it being lost in a garbled post. I am hoping that he comes through on his orders as it sucks to be on the receiving end of two negatives (no money and no product)!

James

Truc
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: An hydrofoil

Re: C A R A F I N O - let's end up the show please!

Postby Truc » Fri May 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:It should be obvious he financed this operation with down payments on his 2 for 1 deal to offset start up costs.....and may run out of funds, especialy with no more orders coming in after having his offer dragged through the mud here on his only potential customer base.

....A self fulfilling prophecy to some degeee....So if he doesn't deliver, you can all pat yourselves on the back.....you did it.....
I am not sure the last "you" points the same people. These who order and these who warned that it smells bad are different "you". The problem is not the customers in this situation, is it necessary to say that again (and again) ?

wdric
Frequent Poster

Postby wdric » Sat May 24, 2014 10:51 am

Hey wind_rider
This "worlds leading authority the Wolfson Unit"
Have they tested other foils?

Was interesting watching the north american champs and Bernie made a comment about one of the riders who say the foils get like "spaghetti" after a while and it aint fund foiling on spaghetti so he uses his foil for a while then sells it off and buys a new one.
As there were only what we consider the top brands at this regatta I suspect that event these brands have issues and just because they are very expensive does not mean they last for ever :o

Keoni
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 7
Local Beach: All windy spots.
Favorite Beaches: Whereever it is windy.
Style: Riding Fast.
Gear: Custom
Brand Affiliation: IKA

Postby Keoni » Sat May 24, 2014 12:11 pm

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 605AAxvF3N

I understand the french producers lost so much money because of Mango marketing strategy.

Return to “Hydrofoil”