All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Moses Vorace Reviews?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:16 am 
Medium Poster

I rode one on the weekend very briefly, maybe 15 minutes max. I've only ridden Swords prior to this. For me it was extremely stable and easy to ride and tracked really well. You can ride it a lot slower than a Sword, which would be nice for freeride/learning. It didn't feel as fast as my Sword, but the board setup was new and I think the foil should have been a little further forward. Seemed like a really nice foil to me. Easy to ride, stable and easy to get downwind on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:32 am 
Frequent Poster

Hawaiis wrote:
Very hard to ride, mini fins need a lots of speed, no anhedral. Never won any race yet.

Really surprised to read it. I am on the Vorace since September 2013 and found it easy to learn, ride, jump. It took me max 10-20 mins to adapt from Silente (low AR).
Winning? Maybe a couple percent of readers care. I do not think it has competed anywhere.
To be honest with you - I really don't care about racing/winning/losing. I care to ride a foil which delivers a smooth and easy ride. I found Vorace doing well.
Foilboarding for me is about fun not racing and affordable prices.
I am not sure that most readers would spend 2000€ to get a winner if they get a fun foil for the half of price. How many of us want to compete to take 1st place? No one because top riders' skills are already beyond our imagination.
If I am ask what I prefer from Moses I would reply that I would go for Silente due to fun factor, lower price, good durability and build quality and finally that it floats once detached.
Vorace delivers better upwind angle (2-3 degrees), more comfort at top speed (amazing!).

Go through it again and would find more my observations about Silente vs VoRace:
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=2383206

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:58 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I agree with you, I prefer free ride foil over high AR race foils.

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2