So just catching up on the latest in this incredible saga and can it be true.........am I to believe my eyes. What I understand from the chat is
1. The foil has negative lift.
2. An experienced instructor who tested was unable to take off.
3. Foils are being shipped with mismatched foils.
4. You have to buy shims that Carafino cant supply to have any chance of making them work.
5. The 2-4-1 offer means that if you are lucky you will be able to get a single working unit form the 2 shipped.
6. Plenty of stories of people who have given up any hope of ever getting a working unit trying to get their money back via credit card companies.
7. To cut his losses he is trying to sell bought and paid for boards/foils to surf shops rather than delivering to the patient customers he claims to be happy to support but fortunately no established surf business would touch them with a disinfected triumphant arch on the end of a broom stick.
Anything else I missed?
Don't forget guys it is a privilege not a right to ride a Carafino.
It would be the greatest triumph of marketing over substance in the history of watersports if it wasn't for the fact their marketing strategy is to issue death threats to anyone that questions the total POC that have paid good money for.
And in other news I have had lengthy discussion with the origanisers of the Italian KF eurocup (I speak fluent Italian) and the event was cancelled 100% because he was threatening to turn up. The self professed king/lion of kitefoiling is gradually destroying the sport he claims to have invented.