carifino u tubes

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

carifino u tubes

Postby Arcsrule » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:00 pm

he's loaded a couple new vids this month to utube showing the foils and all the meticulous attention to detail....all very good marketing! but he has disabled comments on all his videos as welll as his facebook page. to clarify, I cannot comment on his FB page (and all my post on it were deleted) but others may still have the "privelege".

sorry for the post...just trying to get this thread back on topic. someone with insight, please start another thread of foils available for purchase, their cost, lead time....all things needed to make a purchase. i know revhead has a similar thread but i think his may have been internet searches and not personal experience/knowledge. LF has started to develop something and Gunnar to, but i don't know what company Gunnar is affiliated with.

and i just hijacked the thread again didn't i!

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: carifino u tubes

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:06 pm

cari ? what happened to cara ? ................ u ? what happened to you ?

u muss hav type o blood :wink:

SpunMonkey
Medium Poster
Style: Directionals, foils, and sailing
Gear: Foils, underwater and in the air
Been thanked: 0

Postby SpunMonkey » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Arcsrule wrote:
sorry for the post...just trying to get this thread back on topic. someone with insight, please start another thread of foils available for purchase, their cost, lead time....all things needed to make a purchase.
Are you now looking in the market for another foil?

If so this is an absolute shame that for all of the support you gave Mr C, Has he not delivered even to you? For all the help you gave him on here, reassurances to others and defending his practices. He owes you a lot.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:58 pm

SpunMonkey wrote:
Arcsrule wrote:
sorry for the post...just trying to get this thread back on topic. someone with insight, please start another thread of foils available for purchase, their cost, lead time....all things needed to make a purchase.

If so this is an absolute shame that for all of the support you gave Mr C, Has he not delivered even to you? For all the help you gave him on here, reassurances to others and defending his practices. He owes you a lot.

2 reasons i made the buy from him, $$$ and warranty. my son reminded me of a lesson i taught him-- to always buy the absolute best that there is and you will never be disappointed. and i've come to realize that this lifetime foil warranty and 3 year board waranty will not happen, so this does not qualify as best, even if it works ...

so if i ever get the foils, i may or may not keep them. i have such a bad taste in my mouth over this, i don't think i could enjoy it. i'm still owed the foils and one of the boards was received broken...and that is still unresolved. i try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt...

when i finally get everything, i will post my on MANGO thread seperately.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Still no foils eh. That is drrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggg on.

Hope you get em soon. More importantly, I hope they work well so you can get caught up in the feeling of flying that looks pretty cool and forget all about the trials and tribulations.

Shipping damage also sucks pretty hard. How bad is it?

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:56 pm

arksrule, spelled wrong on purpose..... :wink:
Please as asked, keep all c posts where they belong! :!:
Gunner is with Magma foils.
I know personally for many years 4 of the production manufactors in France of course and "the man" who has probably done the most to get us where we are now. Those of you in the loop will know of whom I refer.
I try to keep up with what is happening in he KBHF world so I did know almost all of the other brands.
Please tell us if your board was damaged in shipping or otherwise?
And I must agree that after all you have defended him you should have your foils!
And you have paid over 8 months ago! What a shame!
R H
Anyone and everyone is more that welcome to write reviews, costs, lead times ,ect... On the K B H F available thread or any other!

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:58 pm

Arcsrule wrote:he's loaded a couple new vids this month to utube showing the foils and all the meticulous attention to detail....
Where are these videos? I looked under the youtube name he posted all the other videos and didn't see anything since the video with claims of racing victory in Long Beach.

I thought he had sent you a tracking number for your foils? What happened?

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:46 am

Arcsrule wrote:
SpunMonkey wrote:
Arcsrule wrote:

2 reasons i made the buy from him, $$$ and warranty. my son reminded me of a lesson i taught him-- to always buy the absolute best that there is and you will never be disappointed. and i've come to realize that this lifetime foil warranty and 3 year board waranty will not happen, so this does not qualify as best, even if it works ...

so if i ever get the foils, i may or may not keep them. i have such a bad taste in my mouth over this, i don't think i could enjoy it. i'm still owed the foils and one of the boards was received broken...and that is still unresolved. i try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt...

when i finally get everything, i will post my on MANGO thread seperately.
You taught your son well. A few sayings:

If it is to good to be true it usually is!
You buy cheap you buy twice!
You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Although I would personally never buy anything from Carafino just because of the kind of person he is, I was hoping he could prove to the world that good affordable foils were plausible and start a snow ball effect with other manufacturers.

Never regretted buying a Taaroa Sword 2 years ago.

Return to “Hydrofoil”