Page 1 of 2

Silvaplana Switzerland results

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:42 pm
by cglazier
Most of the best foilboard riders were there and here are the results. Congratulations to Johnny for a big win and to young Oly Bridge for keeping the pressure on and to all the riders.
:wink:

Re: Silvaplana Switzerland results

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:36 pm
by TheRussian
Thanks for posting this - very impressive results from Johnny !

2nd place looked close & well done Oly. :D

Is there any video anywhere ?

Re: Silvaplana Switzerland results

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:23 pm
by BraCuru
TheRussian wrote:Is there any video anywhere ?
Haven't seen anybody filming :(
I planned to gopro last two days racing but there was bad or no wind.
Friday another windless day.
I am really upset I did not cover the starts of second day. That were the only moments I stayed in the leading group :wink:

Re: Silvaplana Switzerland results

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:31 pm
by TheRussian
BraCuru wrote:
TheRussian wrote:Is there any video anywhere ?
Haven't seen anybody filming :(
I planned to gopro last two days racing but there was bad or no wind.
Friday another windless day.
I am really upset I did not cover the starts of second day. That were the only moments I stayed in the leading group :wink:
wow.....tell us more/everything :D

Re: Silvaplana Switzerland results

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:45 pm
by ozchrisb
The last day, with no sailing footage to speak of.

Re: Silvaplana Switzerland results

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:27 pm
by TPink
what kind of scoring is that?? multiple similar finishes for the same race...
were they running multiple heats?

Re: Silvaplana Switzerland results

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:34 am
by Andokite
why was Nico Parlier 3rd? He got tied with 10 net points with Olly but he scored 16 points before discards against 25 points for Olly.

Re: Silvaplana Switzerland results

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:35 am
by ozchrisb
They ran a qualifying series with two fleets and separate races. There was never enough wind to run the finals with the winners form the two fleets.

Re: Silvaplana Switzerland results

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:32 am
by BraCuru
Andokite wrote:why was Nico Parlier 3rd? He got tied with 10 net points with Olly but he scored 16 points before discards against 25 points for Olly.
Appendix A 8.1:
If there is a series-score tie between two or more kiteboards, it shall be broken in favour of the kiteboard(s) with the best single excluded race score(s).
However I guess in a case of fleet racing the ties are broken in favour of the racers competing in the same fleet. Don't remember the fleet assignments for Olly and Nico. Pretty sure that Olly got better scoring riding against Nico.
ozchrisb wrote:They ran a qualifying series with two fleets and separate races. There was never enough wind to run the finals with the winners form the two fleets.
Correct :thumb:

I opened a topic on Polish forum. No videos. Some pictures, my notes in Polish about the event and that beautiful area (use google translator):
http://www.foilforum.pl/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110

Re: Silvaplana Switzerland results

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:50 pm
by BraCuru
I digged out one short phone video taken from RC boat:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=70 ... =2&theater

BTW: second page of results including the rest of French armada:
Image
More or less 3/4 riders used the foilkites. Hard to beat them.
Therefore I was so suprise to see performance of 16 year old French rider Theo de Ramecourt who was on Cabrinha Velocity and KFA foil. He ended up on 9th position :o

There were 3 inflatable kite's riders in top 20.