Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Moses Hydrofoil - the latest news

Postby BraCuru » Fri May 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Guys, interesting things happen around the Moses Hydrofoil company recently. Their website was updated with useful tools. A products selection was simplified. SAB abbreviation appeared on the site. Before I put some light on it, just few introductory words.

Some of you know that I am their team rider. I started foiling in January 2013.
After first hours I’ve already known that foilboarding is the future of sailing and us, foilers, must be the happiest persons on the water.
My enthusiasm and involvement was noticed by Moses who has been supporting me since then. Depending my mood or a need I ride strapless Silente and strapped VoRace. I use my own brand boards but I am going to test the new freeride T20 board in July.

I’m not a type of company insider. Cannot tell you too much about plans, latest developments etc. Anyway I would like to share my practical findings about these foils.

First of all, please check out the new website: http://www.moseshydrofoil.com/
It is like a twin brother of SAB website: http://www.sabitaly.it
There is a reason behind. Two Italian companies decided to create a joint-venture. I believe this cooperation will bring good and achievable products for us.

See the Moses 2015 brochure: http://www.moseshydrofoil.com/brochure

Moses offers Silente foil with some options this year.
VoRace is not on the offer anymore. BTW. I’m pushing a bit for a new foil dedicated to racing. A machine capable to win. But it might take time.
FYI:
Silente might be equipped with an “old and new school” wings.
For the ones looking an easy learn, cruising, waves, freestyle the best set up is the “free ride wing”.
For ones who pay more attention for upwind, downwind and speed performance – “high performing wing”.

New products are freeride boards called T20 and T40.
The figures indicates thickness of the board. Available in glass or carbon.
Don't know their weights yet. More about it in July.

For those who are keen readers of manuals:
Silente: http://www.moseshydrofoil.com/image/dat ... te_Manual_[Eng].pdf
T20 board: http://www.moseshydrofoil.com/image/dat ... 20_Manual_[Eng].pdf

One more thing I like is a fact that Moses pays attention to promote foilboarding around events and to new comers: http://www.moseshydrofoil.com/school

There is old topic with the Moses HF catalogue 2014:
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=2383206&hilit=moses

Facebook news: https://www.facebook.com/moseshyrdofoil

At the last. This is my third season riding Moses foils. Really happy to share my experience.
For whose who never seen my beginning looked like this:

and the latest looks like this:

Jollydriver
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Mid-Atlantic
OBX
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Dewey Beach
Style: Freeride & Progressing
Gear: Cheap, On Sale, or Used
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Moses Hydrofoil - the latest news

Postby Jollydriver » Sat May 23, 2015 2:30 am

Hi BraCuru

Regarding the free ride wings, have you ridden both the FR425 and FR450 wings?

I'm 95-100KG, and I'm considering getting the Moses Silente as my first foil, and I believe the FR450 might be the better option for me, but I welcome your thoughts as a team rider.

One of my concerns is there seems to be only on rear wing for the three front wing options on the Silente. Does that rear wing work equally well with all three front wings? Specifically, does it work equally well with the FR425 and FR450 free ride wings?

Best

JD

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BraCuru » Sat May 23, 2015 10:07 am

Jollydriver wrote:I'm 95-100KG, and I'm considering getting the Moses Silente as my first foil, and I believe the FR450 might be the better option for me, but I welcome your thoughts as a team rider.
FR450 is your choice (100kg) if you like to try riding in winds below 10kts.
A field where you see real difference is light wind. FR450 requires less speed to create foiling effect. It has a bigger flat surface which creates same force at slower speed.
Generally the difference 450 vs 425 in performance of upwind, downwind, max speed is rather marginal.
BTW.
With Silente you are not going win any competition! Silente is pure freeride machine and perfect to learn.
I honestly love this foil due to its maneuverability (try it on waves!), slow speed foiling, stability and durability. In freeride it is more important than max speed, upwind performance. Max speed I achieved on Silente FR425 was probably 27 kts.
One of my concerns is there seems to be only on rear wing for the three front wing options on the Silente.
If you go for FR450, the normal rear wing (stabiliser) is perfectly fine. Don't worry.
I am waiting for the High Performance rear stabiliser. It will be interesting to test it with FR425 or 450. Will share it in July.

Tony
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Foil
Gear: Delta HA Foils 1280,1050,850,700
Airush Nitros and Duotone Slicks
Appletree Jazz
Bunch of other gear I need to sell

Postby Tony » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Will these be available in the USA?
Is there a package discount for board and foil (interested in the free ride).
Tony

Frankieboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Frankieboy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:28 pm

what wing was it on the 2014 Silente? How does it compared to the FR450 and FR425?

is there any upgrade possible from an original Silente 2014?

thanks

Jollydriver
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Mid-Atlantic
OBX
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Dewey Beach
Style: Freeride & Progressing
Gear: Cheap, On Sale, or Used

Postby Jollydriver » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:47 am

Tony wrote:Will these be available in the USA?
Is there a package discount for board and foil (interested in the free ride).
Tony
Tony

The only source I have found in the USA is Live2Kite: Moses Silente-USA
They don't currently offer the latest Moses Board online and appear to suggest you pair it up with an Axis board, but in all fairness, I never reached out to see if they would be getting the new board.

I actually wrote Moses to see if they would sell to me directly, and their response was yes, but the shipping cost was very high. They also inferred they are currently working on getting a distributor in the USA, which is why it seemed they were willing to sell direct.

Finally, I have found that 24-7 Boardsports in the UK is willing to ship to the USA. The shipping is quite a bit less than from Italy, and is offset by the VAT deduction. There are options for foil only, or packages with a T20 glass board or a T20 carbon board with choice of free ride wings (FR425 or FR450): http://www.24-7boardsports.com/foilboarding/ They have been very responsive in my emails.

JD
Last edited by Jollydriver on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BraCuru » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:47 am

Frankieboy wrote:what wing was it on the 2014 Silente? How does it compared to the FR450 and FR425? is there any upgrade possible from an original Silente 2014?
Frank,
I think you mean about the high performance front wing:
http://www.moseshydrofoil.com/index.php ... path=16_21

I will be testing it with FR425 (my standard so far) in two weeks time. Will share findings asap.

Moreover - I will take it to Belgium in July so you could test it too.

Tony
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Foil
Gear: Delta HA Foils 1280,1050,850,700
Airush Nitros and Duotone Slicks
Appletree Jazz
Bunch of other gear I need to sell

Postby Tony » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Jollydriver wrote:
The only source I have found in the USA is Live2Kite: Moses Silente-USA
They don't currently offer the latest Moses Board online and appear to suggest you pair it up with an Axis board, but in all fairness, I never reached out to see if they would be getting the new board.

I actually wrote Moses to see if they would sell to me directly, and their response was yes, but the shipping cost was very high. They also inferred they are currently working on getting a distributor in the USA, which is why it seemed they were willing to sell direct.

Finally, I have found that 24-7 Boardsports in the UK is willing to ship to the USA. The shipping is quite a bit less than from Italy, and is offset by the VAT deduction. There are options for foil only, or packages with a T20 glass board or a T20 carbon board with choice of free ride wings (FR425 or FR450): http://www.24-7boardsports.com/foilboarding/ They have been very responsive in my emails.
JD
Thanks JD.
I had seen the Live2Kite site and it seemed the Moses foil is priced pretty high there.
The 24-7 UK site seems good, maybe that would be the way to go, and maybe just the foil for shipping costs and pick up a board locally.
Better representation in the USA would be great. One apprehension would be availability of parts in a timely manner if damage were to occur.
This would be my first foil so looking at options. Got a friend willing to let me try his some. If all goes well will plan to buy something this summer.
Tony

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:13 pm

Tony wrote:Thanks JD.
I had seen the Live2Kite site and it seemed the Moses foil is priced pretty high there.
$1999 for foil only! :o That is steep! Might be a mistake. If you contact them, the price may be quite a bit lower.

g0nz0
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Calshot, Lepe, Poole, Meon, Hillhead
Gear: Slingshot Rally, Naish Momentum, Custom surfboard, Skimboards
Brand Affiliation: 24-7 Boardsports employee & shop rider

Postby g0nz0 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi, I'm Dan from 24-7 Boardsports. We can ship to most places, but please email or call us before you place an order, so we can give you an accurate quote with the shipping and UK sales tax. All the prices on our site include the VAT (sales tax), but we can remove it for exports from the EU, which will help cover some of the shipping costs.

In stock at the moment are Moses Silente (Gloss red with gloss carbon FR425 wings, carbon T20 boards in red or green, and HP485 wings in gloss carbon).

Also the Sroka Alu foil and board are in stock and on demo.

If you windsurf as well we have the Horue GP in stock and on demo :naughty:

Any questions please drop us an email.

Dan :)

Return to “Hydrofoil”