A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
granini
Rare Poster
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: sroka hydrofoil or liquid force hydrofoil or cabrinha do

Postby granini » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:07 pm

I do not see the point to disassemble the Sroka Foil after each session. I keep the foil mounted to the mast and just unscrew the mast from the board. The Foil incl. the mast fits easy and perfect in my BMW 120 with all the other kite gear (4 Kites + twintip). So no reason to unmount the whole thing.

It takes me less then a minute to mount the foil to the board to prepare my session. But that applies most likely also to all other foils.

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:57 pm

granini wrote:I do not see the point to disassemble the Sroka Foil after each session. I keep the foil mounted to the mast and just unscrew the mast from the board. The Foil incl. the mast fits easy and perfect in my BMW 120 with all the other kite gear (4 Kites + twintip). So no reason to unmount the whole thing.

It takes me less then a minute to mount the foil to the board to prepare my session. But that applies most likely also to all other foils.
I agree with the above post. I never take mine apart and easily put in Honda Civic with 3-4 kites ,Shinnster and the other gear. I'm a fresh water sailor,maybe in Salt water you would need to disassemble to throughly rise it off from time to time.
I've attached a pic of the Sroka board side by side with LF Fish. Quite a difference, but the LF was never a dedicated foil board.
I think the Sroka offers great performance and good value. Bruno is very easy to deal with and offers great customer service.

:thumb:
Attachments
IMG_2816.jpg

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Starsky » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Suit yourself. I find a fully assembled foil is a pAin in the ass to transport when two bolts later the thing fits anywhere.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:24 am

revhed wrote:
joriws wrote:
revhed wrote:Stay well clear of both LF and Cab for many reasons, no doubt that of ONLY those 3 Sroka is by far better!
Sorry, I miss the reasons why to stay well clear..?
LF is so slow and board has not enough scoop, and Cab wings yet to be verified and same board problem.
Thanks - so nothing against on durability of LF which was the main concern for me. I went for LF because easy to learn affordable low aspect and I got directional board as well because I earlier rode 100% twin tips and Sroka cannot be used without foil to learn directional tricks.

I also see that LF has extented their foil & board ranges as promised while negotiated my foil purchase. So "slowness" against Sroka is fixed??
http://liquidforcekites.com/product/foils/

Return to “Hydrofoil”