Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Light LEI kites c",)

Postby jespin4845 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:25 pm

I have a flite, flite hates short lines, it needs at least 24m

On top of that it's not a comparable to an initial grunty kite like say a solo, flite is more about apparent wind and upwind angles in light winds.

faklord
Frequent Poster

Postby faklord » Thu May 25, 2017 8:04 pm

Pedro Marcos wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 11:51 pm
I just ordered a Storm Voyager 12m, lets see how low i can ride with it. Anyone can tell me if a Slingshot bar connects diretly to the storm pigtails? Or i need to make some conversion?

Thanks
Voyager has 'knots' on both back and front lines, so all flying lines need loops.

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Pedro Marcos » Thu May 25, 2017 8:39 pm

faklord wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 8:04 pm
Pedro Marcos wrote:
I just ordered a Storm Voyager 12m, lets see how low i can ride with it. Anyone can tell me if a Slingshot bar connects diretly to the storm pigtails? Or i need to make some conversion?

Thanks
Voyager has 'knots' on both back and front lines, so all flying lines need loops.
Thanx

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Pedro Marcos wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 8:39 pm
faklord wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 8:04 pm
Pedro Marcos wrote:

Thanks

Thanx

Just fell over this thread again, and can say that most likely above is not correct !

At least not on the Voyager 4, no strut I got now (and like a lot).

They are really ingenious made, but I think many dont know that (and I assume it is the same on Voayger 2 and 3 but I cant remember), as there are a loop/knot on both front and rear lines so you can choose whatever you want, just turning one or both pairs around :rollgrin:

Knots on frontlines loops on rear (like my bars), loops on frontlines knots on rears, loops on both linesets, knots on both linesets, all 4 setups easily possible in a few seconds.

Really cleverly - and I think they deliver it with knots on both, so you know you (most likely) have to change it to your specific bar - very very clever thought, and I also had to think twice before I figured it out so the only downside is many of us are too slow to realize this amazing feature :D

Also woke this thread up again accidentially, because skideeppow asked about light wind kites :naughty:

8) PF

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pedro Marcos » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:52 pm

I dont use LEIs for light wind anymore :D

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION

Postby airsurfer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:36 pm

Ozone Reo V4 12M is a fantastic foiling and wave kite IMO it only weighs 6.7lb that's only 8oz more than the Airush Ultra 12M by my calculations but doesn't have some of the limitations of some lightweight one strut and no strut kites such as limited relaunch and wind range especially in deepwater and waves. when the wind picks a up you still have one of the best wave kites in your hands

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:39 pm

I know Pedro, but my point was that the Storm Voyager kites does not have a specific loop-knot or similar, but easily changeable on the fly to your specific bar and preference :thumb:

At first I thought "what the h..." it is not polarized ? (idiot proof)

But suddenly I got it - I really hope all kites are made this way (but dont know), so you can change easily to whatever loop-knot configuration you got :naughty:

8) PF

Peert
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings

Postby Peert » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:50 pm

airsurfer wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:36 pm
Ozone Reo V4 12M is a fantastic foiling and wave kite IMO it only weighs 6.7lb that's only 8oz more than the Airush Ultra 12M by my calculations but doesn't have some of the limitations of some lightweight one strut and no strut kites such as limited relaunch and wind range especially in deepwater and waves.
I do not totally agree on the above statement.
Since I am able to backwards relaunch my Naish trip 10m I am able to relaunch it in less wind than for example the catalyst 14m I used to use as lightwind kite. Of course there are circumstances in which the unsupported canopy has relaunch disadvantages. A wave on the canopy is to be avoided. But that isn't a serious risk in many cases. I have kite on the water less than 1 time per 5 sessions anyway.
The low end of Trip 10 and catalyst 14 did not differ for me on TT. (sold the cat before I started foiling).

Flag53
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rhosneigr
Favorite Beaches: Rhosneigr

Cayo guiermo
Style: Mixed
Gear: Mixed

Postby Flag53 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:25 pm

I'm with airsurfer on this one.

I have a 12M Ozone Reo V4 and it's an awesome lightwind kite
I use it when my friends are on a 12m cloud and a 15m F-one breeze but unlike them I can still use it up to 16-18 knots on a Hydrofoil and yes I like to be well powered on the foil but this kite depowers so well.

Ps I also have a 15m Airush ultra which is my wife's lightwind kite , but I find this very slow in comparison and a lot harder to relaunch !

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pedro Marcos » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:39 pm
I know Pedro, but my point was that the Storm Voyager kites does not have a specific loop-knot or similar, but easily changeable on the fly to your specific bar and preference :thumb:

At first I thought "what the h..." it is not polarized ? (idiot proof)

But suddenly I got it - I really hope all kites are made this way (but dont know), so you can change easily to whatever loop-knot configuration you got :naughty:

8) PF
Yes thats great, because i have diferent kites from diferent brands and always the same bars, i always have to convert the kites connection points to match the bars.

Return to “Hydrofoil”