Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F-One: New 2016 foil collection is on

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
cnski
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: F-One: New 2016 foil collection is on

Postby cnski » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Are there any pics of the Sword 2 foils with flat G10 wings that these young men were using? I'm sure we would all like to see some.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:40 pm

cnski wrote:Are there any pics of the Sword 2 foils with flat G10 wings that these young men were using? I'm sure we would all like to see some.
You can see them in some of the videos that were posted, they're also available on the Taaroa website.

Bottom line is that you can't get what those guys get because the designers are sending them custom stuff. Apparently Maxime rides a Sword2 with a shortened fuselage as well...

Gold cup winning gear was:

Taaroa Sword 2 (Max/Axel)
Mike's Lab (Riccardo)
KFA Mako (Florian TP)
Levitaz (Olly/Florian Gruber)

Mario Calbucci is really fast on his Banga Foil, but not sure they're really in business for retail sales yet.

Nobody fast was on a Spotz, but this event was arguably not a representative sampling of all racers as there was only 1 North American competitor from Canada...none of the CA/HI/MX guys showed up. If they had, there would be a bunch more Mike's Lab foils in the top 10 as well as a Spotz or two.

cnski
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby cnski » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Thanks for the reply Mossy. I'll check those sites out. I wonder why none of the top USA foilers went to that event? It would be nice to hear from some SF foilers what gear is fast this year in the Thursday night race series. Development goes fast I'm sure.

Return to “Hydrofoil”