Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders


User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9782
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby tautologies » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:07 pm

clint2070 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:05 am

That must beIMG_0142.JPG what that pig tail is on my naish Boxer I wonder why naishes website doesn't explain that
Naish calls it LWR - lightwind relaunch. Just from the explanation of the ERA I think its the same. For super marginal days it helps.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby clint2070 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:27 pm

tautologies wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:07 pm
clint2070 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:05 am

That must beIMG_0142.JPG what that pig tail is on my naish Boxer I wonder why naishes website doesn't explain that
Naish calls it LWR - lightwind relaunch. Just from the explanation of the ERA I think its the same. For super marginal days it helps.
But how do I use it and how do I attach a line to my torch bar ?

3InletsWindsports
Frequent Poster
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:52 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Shallow Inlet, Corner Inlet, Andersons inlet.
Favorite Beaches: Shallow Inlet, Point Danger.
Style: freeride
Gear: Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko importer in Australia

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby 3InletsWindsports » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:58 pm

Naish stole the idea from Zeeko back in around 2011. Just as earlier they stole the wiping reactive bridle.
They add the connection points then sell the rest as as optional spare part to avoid paying for any intellectual property.
It’s a Naish thing.

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9782
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby tautologies » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 pm

clint2070 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:27 pm
But how do I use it and how do I attach a line to my torch bar ?
I think they simplified the system from earlier versions and removed the backline attachment. Previously you'd run a line from the LWR pigtail through a little ring behind the backline (attached to a bungee), then through a loop in the back attachment line and down the backline to the bar.
To relaunch you just pull that line.

I think on the boxer part of that is not installed and you can just run an extra line from the trailing edge down the the backline of the bar. Make sure there is no load on the line when riding normally.

Some good images here (scroll down): viewtopic.php?t=2384150

tswierkocki
Frequent Poster
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:16 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Style: Hydrofoil, Surf, Freeriding
Gear: BRM D Clouds, Zeeko Spitfire, Nobile Skim Foil board
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby tswierkocki » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:51 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:02 pm
where can I pick the spitfire up from in the states? Also how well does it break down? I like the nobile foil system because it's easy to pack for travel, is this similar? Thanks
Eugene at http://www.kitesurferstore.com can hook you up with a Spitfire in the states. He will take good care of you.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby clint2070 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:33 am

tautologies wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 pm
clint2070 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:27 pm
But how do I use it and how do I attach a line to my torch bar ?
I think they simplified the system from earlier versions and removed the backline attachment. Previously you'd run a line from the LWR pigtail through a little ring behind the backline (attached to a bungee), then through a loop in the back attachment line and down the backline to the bar.
To relaunch you just pull that line.

I think on the boxer part of that is not installed and you can just run an extra line from the trailing edge down the the backline of the bar. Make sure there is no load on the line when riding normally.

Some good images here (scroll down): viewtopic.php?t=2384150
Nice,but naish put that on the kite for a reason. you would think they would explain it. Or can the 5 line bar be used ?

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9782
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby tautologies » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 pm

clint2070 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:33 am
Nice,but naish put that on the kite for a reason. you would think they would explain it. Or can the 5 line bar be used ?
haha yeah right? I dunno. I didn't look on my boxer for any instructions. I mean I guess a 5 line bar could be used, but the Naish 5 line bar has traditionally been very different form the bridled kite bar (much less travel for depower for instance). Its a good point though.

gwechall
Medium Poster
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:33 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: tarifa las dunas
Style: smooth
Gear: Yarga 2007 9 & 13m

LF element 128/40.5
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Tarifa - spain , BZH

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby gwechall » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me the difference of angle between the plate and the mast on the Spit compare to the normal one? I can't find it anywhere...
Many thanks!!!
Gabe.

3InletsWindsports
Frequent Poster
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:52 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Shallow Inlet, Corner Inlet, Andersons inlet.
Favorite Beaches: Shallow Inlet, Point Danger.
Style: freeride
Gear: Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko importer in Australia

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby 3InletsWindsports » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:12 am

gwechall wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:20 pm
Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me the difference of angle between the plate and the mast on the Spit compare to the normal one? I can't find it anywhere...
Many thanks!!!
Gabe.
A few degrees but it’s in the plate.
But why worry, just go and enjoy it.

gwechall
Medium Poster
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:33 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: tarifa las dunas
Style: smooth
Gear: Yarga 2007 9 & 13m

LF element 128/40.5
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Tarifa - spain , BZH

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby gwechall » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:11 am

It is for a DIY project ;) I wanted to have an idea of how much angle they put to keep the same inserts position for the double use of canard and standard foil!
Thanks ;)


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chimpdog, NYKiter and 14 guests