Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
codifilo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby codifilo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Nicolas, I'm a big fan of your Spitfire videos so I'm looking forward for some footage of you riding a SUP/Surf Spitfire!

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Looking good Nicolas! What size mast do you use on those pics?
After a few sessions with my shortened 75 mast / XLW, I don't really think that I've lost anything compared to the original mast. On the other hand it opens up a bit more playground, with the ability to follow small waves further on the inside. Restarting after a fall is also much easier due to depth. 15cm is actually not much, but it makes such a big difference in terms of where I can start on my homespot in onshore conditions. More riding, less bodydrag! And I think this makes it a viable option to try bolting it on a SUP or surf. Next project!

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:06 am

Zeeko wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:38 pm
Also, soon we will release a new version of the Spitfire to use with our current carbon mast, like this you could save weight and have a longer mast (1m height)

Regards

Nicolas
Will the old spitfires also work or will you have to buy an entire new setup? Reason I’m asking is im about to buy from your US dealer and I want to know if I should wait a little bit. I’m not going to be using the foil right away. Just want it ready for when I can.

Zeeko
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier, France
Style: all styles
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko

Postby Zeeko » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:20 pm

bragnouff wrote: Looking good Nicolas! What size mast do you use on those pics?
After a few sessions with my shortened 75 mast / XLW, I don't really think that I've lost anything compared to the original mast. On the other hand it opens up a bit more playground, with the ability to follow small waves further on the inside. Restarting after a fall is also much easier due to depth. 15cm is actually not much, but it makes such a big difference in terms of where I can start on my homespot in onshore conditions. More riding, less bodydrag! And I think this makes it a viable option to try bolting it on a SUP or surf. Next project!
Hi Bragnouff,
the mast I used on the pics was a 70cm one. I tried also a 60cm, but I felt it too short for a SUP using.
I also used the 70cm mast on a kiteboard and it was working well, even if I prefer a 96cm mast length for kitefoiling (not for Supfoiling or Surfoiling)

Adventure Logs wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:06 am
Zeeko wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:38 pm
Also, soon we will release a new version of the Spitfire to use with our current carbon mast, like this you could save weight and have a longer mast (1m height)

Regards

Nicolas
Will the old spitfires also work or will you have to buy an entire new setup? Reason I’m asking is im about to buy from your US dealer and I want to know if I should wait a little bit. I’m not going to be using the foil right away. Just want it ready for when I can.
Hi, the combo Fuselage/front wing/back wing could be use on all the carbon foils we produce since 2016.
It will be a alloy fuselage + g10 wings (wings will be same as the current alloy spitfire).

ride easy
Nicolas

Zeeko
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier, France
Style: all styles
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko

Postby Zeeko » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:44 am

Hi,
I know it is shaky, bad weather,, but this video show you in the inner side the carving potential of the spitfire.

Here the combo is:
Poocket Air
Spitfire XLW, 90cm mast

Ride easy
Nicolas

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:39 am

Awesome :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Sgallian
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 80
Local Beach: La Saline - Reunion Island
Favorite Beaches: La Prairie - Mauritius
Tarifa
Style: Freeride - Freestyle - Strapless - Foil
Gear: 2017 Naish Dash, 2019 Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Soul 12m
NHP SplitBoard Carbon(2016) , 50/Fifty
Nobile Infinity Split Foil 5'2
Zeeko SpitFire Foil

Postby Sgallian » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:03 am

Hello all, I'll be in Tarifa during the month of May this year.
Do you know if I could try the Spitfire there ( somebody willing to lend it, rental, school,test-center/shop)?
I'm really curious about the feeling of it, and might pull the trigger if it is as I imagine it.
Also, I usually kite abroad, so could someone tell me if this foil (or any Zeeko foil) can be adapted to the Nobile foil splitboard (http://nobilekiteboarding.com/products/ ... -foil.html)?
Thank you very much.

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION

Postby airsurfer » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:04 am

nice video i have to say those conditions seem relatively tame but much respect for the 360 on the wave ! no foil that I've tried handles white water and messy condition better than the spitfire included the big "dedicated" wave wings. today rode mine in super rough onshore well overhead conditions with 5 ' plus walls of whitewater to get in and out of the break and while it was no cake walk the Spitfire handled the conditions amazingly well and gave me more confidence than my skill level deserves ;)

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:19 am

airsurfer wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:04 am
nice video i have to say those conditions seem relatively tame but much respect for the 360 on the wave ! no foil that I've tried handles white water and messy condition better than the spitfire included the big "dedicated" wave wings. today rode mine in super rough onshore well overhead conditions with 5 ' plus walls of whitewater to get in and out of the break and while it was no cake walk the Spitfire handled the conditions amazingly well and gave me more confidence than my skill level deserves ;)
I am trying to decide between a big wave wing vs. Spitfire XLW for foiling in sub overhead waves. Can you elaborate on your experience? and which wave wings you have tried?

Thanks

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION

Postby airsurfer » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:38 pm

I owned the MHL 150 and Takuma and tried the gofoil Kai. You're not going to like my answer but there is a good case to own both types of foils it really depends on the conditions you want/need to foil.

if you want to ride wind driven slow swell
open ocean swell and or clean small to medium waves the big wave wings provide a great feeling for that and give you that surfy feel. But when the waves are bigger and sloppy and you need to get through big white water and drop in fast and bail out of a wave before getting munched this is where the Spitfire shines . This is just my opinion with only 2 years of kite foiling others with much more experience may have different opinions.

If I had to choose just one of my foils I'd choose the Spitfire because it's the most versatile and reliable that can handle the widest range of conditions.

Return to “Hydrofoil”