Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Zeeko Spitfire Hydrofoil

Postby Flyboy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:58 pm

andre_oner wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:15 pm
Hi,
All the ZEEKO alloy masts are compatible. Even the mast from Bullet, which has a different profile, can be used on other ZEEKO alloy foils.
Andre
Do the Bullet & Spitfire masts not have a sloping top? If they do work for a blue & white, where in the US can they be purchased?

tswierkocki
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: Hydrofoil, Surf, Freeriding
Gear: 3m, 4m, 5m, 8m Flysurfer Peak 4 kites
7m, 10m Cabrinha Apollo kites
Cloud F28 surf foil
107cm Kanaha pocket board for kite foiling
4’8” Stretch Trow surfboard
133 Axis Vanguard twintip

Postby tswierkocki » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:06 am

Flyboy wrote: I have a blue & white edition Zeeko foil. Looking to make a more serious attempt to get into foiling this year. I am wondering about the usefulness of a 60cm mast, both for learning & for using in shallower water. Is it still possible to get a blue & white compatible 60cm mast somewhere? Are there any other brands that have a mast compatible with the Zeeko? Also, would getting a bigger wing - like the Carver - make sense for learning & for future versatility? Thanks!
I learned on the Zeeko Black and White. It was a bit of a challenge so I bought the Carver wing. I found it much easier to learn with the Carver wing since it starts much earlier than the Black wing. If you are learning I highly recommend the Carver wing.

You can buy a 60 cm mast from Zeeko for your Blue and White. See below:

http://zeeko-kites.com/gb/foil-series/3 ... plate.html

Within the USA I highly recommend Eugene at http://www.kitesurferstore.com as a Zeeko supplier.

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:04 am

tswierkocki wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:06 am
I learned on the Zeeko Black and White. It was a bit of a challenge so I bought the Carver wing. I found it much easier to learn with the Carver wing since it starts much earlier than the Black wing. If you are learning I highly recommend the Carver wing.

You can buy a 60 cm mast from Zeeko for your Blue and White. See below:

http://zeeko-kites.com/gb/foil-series/3 ... plate.html

Within the USA I highly recommend Eugene at http://www.kitesurferstore.com as a Zeeko supplier.
The Zeeko site seems to say that 60cm mast is not available for the green & white/blue & white mast. I'm not entirely clear if the one that is available works with the blue & white mast.

The black & white foil was not "anhedral". I'm not sure whether this made it easier or harder to start than the subsequent blue & white & green & white versions which were anhedral? The Carver wing is also not anhedral, but has significantly larger area. My question for you is did you continue to use the Carver wing after getting past the beginner stage? Is the Carver specifically a low wind/beginner wing, or is it also good for turning ie "carving" as the name suggests?

Zeeko
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier, France
Style: all styles
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Zeeko » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Hi,

About the AVS we will add it next season on the Spitfire wings.

For the mast, all mast suits the white and green, because we sold out all of them, the best is to use the blaster mast and choose your mast length
http://zeeko-kites.com/gb/foil-series/4 ... 12734.html

for the carver, it is a wings dedicated for carving first, and finally it suits also the beginner thanks to its surface.
To compensate anhedral, you could change the height of the vertical fin. If you compare the white and green (anhedral wing) and the white and blue (flat wing) we also change the height of the vertical fin (4.0cm for the flat wing of the white and blue wing, and 2.5cm for the white and green one). The target is to have the same yaw effect

regards
Nicolas

Kykeon
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: .
Brand Affiliation: $iemens

Postby Kykeon » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:52 pm

Zeeko wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:57 pm

If you compare the white and green (anhedral wing) and the white and blue (flat wing) we also change the height of the vertical fin (4.0cm for the flat wing of the white and blue wing, and 2.5cm for the white and green one). The target is to have the same yaw effect
Hi Nicolas,

Is this a typo?
Did you want to write. Black instead of blue?
Black is flat and blue has anhedral, I think same as green. Am I wrong?

Mikey
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Northern Adriatic
East coast Australia
Favorite Beaches: One I can kite at (and my gear is with me)
Style: very unstylish!
Gear: PL twinskins / BRM Cloud2 17, D_1 13, D10
Home made boards (TTs, Low volume Kipuna style & 6'22 Simons style)

Postby Mikey » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Back on Spitfire track :wink:

Nicolas,
About the AVS we will add it next season on the Spitfire wings
does that mean season 2018?..... for the XXLW?

I am going to make the jump to foiling this summer and am attracted to the Spitfire XXLW. I think the spit will help, by not relearning the back foot muscle memory I already have with strapless surfboards I ride. I have read about big (also surf) wings and as this will by my one and only foil purchase (big investment for me), I want to get it right. I’ve seen shorter mast lengths talked about (70cm) and surf sized wings. I ride in the north Adriatic, so shallow water, mushy crappy onshore waves. I like to mess around in these waves and try to “ride” them not just over them. So, I think that slow, stable, but manouverable is what I’m looking for!

Also a lot of riding will be in the 9-12 knot range. I’m 90kg, 48 yrs old. :)

All the indicates spitfire XXLW. What do you suggest?

Thanks,

Mike

Will XLW wings fit on the XXLW? What do you thin the top (kitefoiling) speed will be for the XXLW?

Kykeon
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: .
Brand Affiliation: $iemens

Postby Kykeon » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Kykeon wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:52 pm
Zeeko wrote:

If you compare the white and green (anhedral wing) and the white and blue (flat wing) we also change the height of the vertical fin (4.0cm for the flat wing of the white and blue wing, and 2.5cm for the white and green one). The target is to have the same yaw effect
Hi Nicolas,

Is this a typo?
Super awkward to try to correct Nicolas on the Zeeko product range but I believe he meant to write black instead of blue... :-?
zeeko.JPG
zeeko.JPG (33.83 KiB) Viewed 2051 times

max
Very Frequent Poster

Postby max » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Kykeon wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:30 pm
Kykeon wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:52 pm
Zeeko wrote:

Hi Nicolas,

Is this a typo?
Super awkward to try to correct Nicolas on the Zeeko product range but I believe he meant to write black instead of blue... :-?
zeeko.JPG

Actually there may be no need.

I think there was a blue and white originally (blue mast and whites wings) where the front wing was flat. This was followed by the white and black.

Later there was the White and Blue (white mast and blue wings) where the front wing was anhedral followed by the white and green which was virtually the same foil I think.

Zeeko
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier, France
Style: all styles
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Zeeko » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:47 am

:D Hi

sorry for the mistake and thank you for checking you are 200% right (I designed too much product :D ),
When I referred the white and blue it was in fact the black and white one (in fact all wings made in g10 are flat.

for Mikey,

No AVS yet on the xxlw wings,
ABout the mast length, 70cm for surfing is for me a must.
I tried several length and 70cm is a good compromise except if you need to take care of the depth of the water.
The 1300wings can be used for kites, (max speed about 18-20knots, but usully you'll ride at 12-15knots max) but no jumps allowed as the wings are very big compare to the xlw.

Best Regards,
Nicolas

Mikey
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Northern Adriatic
East coast Australia
Favorite Beaches: One I can kite at (and my gear is with me)
Style: very unstylish!
Gear: PL twinskins / BRM Cloud2 17, D_1 13, D10
Home made boards (TTs, Low volume Kipuna style & 6'22 Simons style)

Postby Mikey » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Thanks Nicolas!

I gather AVS is not directly transferable between wings otherwise i'm sure you would give it to us from day one, right? Bummer, I'd take all the help i can get :)

So it sounds like a 70cm xxlw is a good place to start. will the XLW wings mount on a xxlw fuse/mast set up? it would be nice to know that one can swap them around for higher speed fun! no worries about the jumps, not really into them (read very bad a jumping and i'm a chicken ;)

we can we get our hands on the xxlw??

Mike

Return to “Hydrofoil”