4liner
Rare Poster
Gear: Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Levitaz 2017

Postby 4liner » Fri May 05, 2017 1:08 am

Adrian, I love the look of the EXO board. Too bad it doesn't have the option for one strap forward. Otherwise I would have already ordered one. Maybe next year you will add the center inserts. ...or maybe you can tell the factory to start adding the inserts. Anyway, keep up the good work.

adri_levi
Medium Poster
Gear: Levitaz Kitefoils
Brand Affiliation: Levitaz-Teamrider

Postby adri_levi » Tue May 09, 2017 12:23 pm

4liner wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 1:08 am
Adrian, I love the look of the EXO board. Too bad it doesn't have the option for one strap forward. Otherwise I would have already ordered one. Maybe next year you will add the center inserts. ...or maybe you can tell the factory to start adding the inserts. Anyway, keep up the good work.

I will keep it in mind for next year :thumb: thank you for the feedback.

Btw the Transformer has an option for one strap :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUmEZ_hwelI

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Tue May 09, 2017 12:48 pm

What strap and foil positions does everyone race with the bionic 2017 front an back wing and no angle-plate under the stabilizer? I am struggling to find the right position to run it with anyting less than the 1.2deg plate.

Sadly we only had strong wind days until now, where the Aspect HW is better suited for my light weigt (65-70kg). But the new bionic race wings has a significantly lower stall-speed compared to the aspect HW wich makes tacking a lot easyer but in stronger winds i can get more performance out the smaller wing. But that is maybe also because i have the Aspect HW for almost six months now that i am more comfortable to push it compared to the few sessions on the bionic front wing.

adri_levi
Medium Poster

Postby adri_levi » Tue May 09, 2017 1:39 pm

evan wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 12:48 pm
What strap and foil positions does everyone race with the bionic 2017 front an back wing and no angle-plate under the stabilizer? I am struggling to find the right position to run it with anyting less than the 1.2deg plate.

Sadly we only had strong wind days until now, where the Aspect HW is better suited for my light weigt (65-70kg). But the new bionic race wings has a significantly lower stall-speed compared to the aspect HW wich makes tacking a lot easyer but in stronger winds i can get more performance out the smaller wing. But that is maybe also because i have the Aspect HW for almost six months now that i am more comfortable to push it compared to the few sessions on the bionic front wing.
hi evan,

thats a hard question to answer. there is no right or wrong.

Olly is using no angle and has a backfoot pressure. I personally ride something completely different. I like more pressure on my frontstraps.
Yes the Aspect HW is definitely better for your weight in strong wind. Thats also something we experienced. But afterall I think the Bionic hast a better performance.
In the end it comes down to what you feel best with. I would go with the settings and wings you feel more comfortable on, then you can push more and will be faster too.

evan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby evan » Tue May 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Ok, so it is not that it has more drag with the 1.2 deg plate when the back part of the stabilizer sticks out of the fuselage? I also like more front foot pressure, too little and the foil constanly wants to dive downwind.

What top speeds do they get out of the bionic or aspect HW? Would be nice to have someting to work towards.

adri_levi
Medium Poster

Postby adri_levi » Wed May 10, 2017 10:44 am

evan wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 2:02 pm
Ok, so it is not that it has more drag with the 1.2 deg plate when the back part of the stabilizer sticks out of the fuselage? I also like more front foot pressure, too little and the foil constanly wants to dive downwind.

What top speeds do they get out of the bionic or aspect HW? Would be nice to have someting to work towards.
I just sand it even when i use a plate in the rw. We usually don't ride with gps. So I don't know sorry

adri_levi
Medium Poster

Surf Games Podersdorf, Austria - Flysurfer Demo Tour

Postby adri_levi » Wed May 10, 2017 11:22 am

Different topic. I will be at the Surf Games in Podersdorf (Lake Neusiedl) this weekend.
We will set up a booth and have alle 2017 products there to test.

If you can not be there we have several other stops in Europe where you can test the new gear (see pic below)
Attachments
Flyer_Demo-Tour-20172.jpg
17917704_1920216504893529_8801081583520879292_o.jpg

evan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby evan » Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Thanks for the answers Adrian. I arrived yesterday at this setup with the 0.3deg plate under the rearwing and Bionic frontwing, was perfect in flat water 8-13kn and 17m Peter Lynn Aero:
bionic 2017 strap + foil placement.png

PS. Kiteboard Open is moved to the end of this year until further notice, sadly not 3-5 june like all the past editions as show on your tourlist.
Beste vrienden van het KBO,

Om organisatorische redenen hebben wij helaas moeten besluiten dat het Kite Board Open dit jaar niet in het Pinksterweekend zal plaats vinden.

Dit betekent overigens niet dat er geen KBO 2017 zal komen. Wij zijn op dit moment druk bezig met het vormen van een nieuw organisatieteam. Wij hebben er vertrouwen in dat het KBO 2017 in de tweede helft van dit jaar alsnog een feit zal zijn.

Greets,

Het bestuur van de Kust Surfvereniging Noordwijk.
www.ksnoordwijk.nl
https://www.facebook.com/kiteboardopen/

parvizh
Rare Poster
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone, Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby parvizh » Sat May 13, 2017 4:09 pm

hi adrian,

just saw this thread by chance. i'm interested in your products, but have had no response from Levitaz to 2 enquiries that I posted to your web site in the last few weeks.

i filled in the online form, asked my question about shipping charges etc. did the pesky captcha thing at the end and all seemed ok. But to date no reply from anyone, not even an automated email.

Can you please tell me what is a better way to get in touch with your customer service?

thanks

parviz

adri_levi
Medium Poster

Postby adri_levi » Mon May 15, 2017 9:43 am

parvizh wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 4:09 pm
hi adrian,

Can you please tell me what is a better way to get in touch with your customer service?

thanks

parviz
Hi Parviz,

best way is probably per mail to office@levitaz.com

I sent you a pm with my mail. I will take care of it.

cheers

Return to “Hydrofoil”