BigSky
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Duxbury
Gear: TT and working on foil and strapless
Brand Affiliation: None

Slingshot Lift NF2 opinions

Postby BigSky » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:21 am

I'm looking to upgrade from my liquid force now that I'm getting stable rides. I've been considering several carbon configurations but I keep coming across the carbon Slingshot/Lift offering from last year. While it looks like a weapon at the front and back of the wing has anyone ridden this? It's on sale everywhere. I realize one issue is replacement parts if you damage the wings or fuselage but I view it as a stepping stone to the bigger investment (1 year). What am I missing at the price point of ~$1200. It weighs 5.7 pounds which seems great. The practical part of me just says bite the bullet on the Levitaz now. Thoughts?

jespin4845
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Re: Slingshot Lift NF2 opinions

Postby jespin4845 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:59 am

It's a good ride, but a 2017 mhl is 1300 and is built better with more different wing offerings...

Levitaz, haven't ridden it but the way the wing covers the fuselage makes it strong if ur gonna jump

BigSky
Rare Poster

Postby BigSky » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Great recommendation Jespin. I really like supporting an operation like Lift. It's similar to BRM. I feel these guys are the innovators. I called for advice and Nick himself got on the phone and was super helpful. Trigger pulled on the 91" mast and 110 classic wing based on Nick's advice. Cheers

pikovsg
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Boston, Cape Cod, Outer Banks
Favorite Beaches: West Dennis, Pleasure Bay, Chapin, Tarifa, Maui, Cabarete, Guadeloupe. Any session with a BRM Cloud and a hydrofoil.
Style: Soul
Gear: BRM Cloud, Lift foils, LP, Temavento, Levitaz, Moses, Concept Air Pulsion, North, Slingshot, Cabrinha, Flysurfer, Ocean Rodeo, Onewheel, Evolve GT, Ollin Freeride

Postby pikovsg » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Started on the NF2 and upgraded to Moses and then Lift 2017 after trying a whole lot of foils. Lift 110 and 130 wings are IMHO by far the best freeride and freestyle wings for waves and carving. Pure bliss, hope these guys get the exposure they deserve. Match up like twins with BRM Clouds. Looooove this combo.

dksurfer
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 10
Local Beach: Lake Nipissing, North Bay, ON, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Ontario Canada, PEI Canada
Hatteras, North Carolina
Cuba
Style: TT, SB and HF
Gear: 12, 9, 7 North Dice 2016
12 OR Flite 2016
12, 9 North Evo 2014
MHL Lift Foil

Postby dksurfer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:39 am

I have the Lift 2015 and like it a lot. It was the second foil I bought after I learned. Planning on keeping it for a while. Haven't used too many other ones but really happy with Lift products for sure.

junebug
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Gear: Twintip
Foil

Postby junebug » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:22 pm

I will add another vote for Lift. I don't have experience with many other foils, but I love my 2017 110.

BigSky
Rare Poster

Postby BigSky » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks guys. I'm super stoked. Does any have the width and length of the wings for the 110. I'm trying to figure out travel bag options. One piece does make it more challenging but not insurmountable. My waterproof hockey bag would easily fit the mast and wing plus 4 kites, pump wetsuit etc and 2 Nobile split boards. It would be nice to find a thin, padded bag for just the wing for carry on. The wing is definitely what eliminates kite specific bags. Love to hear any thoughts or success stories.

HaylingBilly
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Hayling Island U.K.
Favorite Beaches: Gotta be Hayling Island...
Gear: Slingshot Lift Foil, Liquid Force 12m solo, Flysurfer Speed5 12m, Naish Trip 10m, Best TS 10m, Blade Trigger 7m.

Postby HaylingBilly » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:14 pm

I have just measured up the Nobile strap positions to compare them to my favored positions on my Alien Air and NF2 foil. The distance from the front bolt holes of the foil plate to the Front footstraps rear holes is 31.5cm on my Alien Air and the Nobile measures as about 30.5cm for the same dimension. The Nobile rear strap is way too far forward to be of use though so if you are thinking strapless or front 1 or 2 straps only it will work fine, just forget about using the rear strap.

deanskaha
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Skaha
Favorite Beaches: Cuyo,Kanaha, Shacks, Skaha,
Style: non racing hydrofoil
Gear: MHL ,Coud ,Wainman

Postby deanskaha » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:27 pm

BigSky wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:53 pm
Thanks guys. I'm super stoked. Does any have the width and length of the wings for the 110. I'm trying to figure out travel bag options. One piece does make it more challenging but not insurmountable. My waterproof hockey bag would easily fit the mast and wing plus 4 kites, pump wetsuit etc and 2 Nobile split boards. It would be nice to find a thin, padded bag for just the wing for carry on. The wing is definitely what eliminates kite specific bags. Love to hear any thoughts or success stories.
The 2017 Lift 110 is so dialled in for a smooth high performance ride at both high and low speeds.I've had 4 lifts and they get better each year .Light and strong. It measures 22" wide by 26" long. My wing came with a padded bag.

Brian H
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Whiterock British Columbia
Favorite Beaches: Hurgada egypt
Style: Foilboarding
Gear: Slingshot kites and boards

Postby Brian H » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:43 pm

Another vote for mhl lift . I have a 2015 lift and I have run a ground into sand banks 50 times and not a mark . I would only replace it with another mhl lift .

Return to “Hydrofoil”