Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Starting out hydrofoil, where to mount the foil on slider system of LF Rocket Foil

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders

smokedvw
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Starting out hydrofoil, where to mount the foil on slider system of LF Rocket Foil

Postby smokedvw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:43 am

Hi,

I am just starting out foiling, I tried it a few times and have been Porpoising all over the place ;) I wanted to know where I should mount my foil on the LF slider system, up near the front or rear of the board? How does each way effect the overall handling of the board.

Thanks a lot, any other tips would be much appreciated!

Kitehume
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Ocean rodeo prodigy 9.5m
Ocean rodeo flite 12m
Ocean rodeo prodigy 12m
Ocean rodeo flite 14.5m
Shinn king gee 146x46
Shinn monk gold 135x42
Naish motion 138
Liquid force rocket foil.

Re: Starting out hydrofoil, where to mount the foil on slider system of LF Rocket Foil

Postby Kitehume » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:04 am

I learned on the rocket foil.
I would start with it mounted all the way back. And your strap positions all the way forward. And stand with all your weight over your front foot. That way you can ride on the surface with out the foil engaging.
I did this for a few sessions when I first started learning. So i could get used to this new feeling underfoot.
In the this position you will have to put a lot of weight over your back foot for the foil to engage.

After 10 session I now have the mast mounted so there about a inch of rail visible from the back. And strap positions centred. For me this is the goldilocks position now. Easy to get up on the foil. And feels nice and balanced between my feet.
Hope this helps.

Kitehume
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Ocean rodeo prodigy 9.5m
Ocean rodeo flite 12m
Ocean rodeo prodigy 12m
Ocean rodeo flite 14.5m
Shinn king gee 146x46
Shinn monk gold 135x42
Naish motion 138
Liquid force rocket foil.

Re: Starting out hydrofoil, where to mount the foil on slider system of LF Rocket Foil

Postby Kitehume » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:12 am

Also have the straps very loose. So your feet will come free when you crash.

Return to “Hydrofoil”