Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Re: Moses 2018

Postby cwood » Sun May 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Foil wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 6:02 pm
Moses T60 back from the custom shop here on Fuerterventura, looks good, took 2 days, and cost £140,
I can use it straight away as epoxy was used not polyester.

Looks great. would like to see full pics. Careful with that black bottom up in the hot sun. Some foam does not do well with the dark color and resulting heat. Not sure what Moses uses...just a thought.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Foil » Sun May 13, 2018 10:51 pm

TomW wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:04 pm
Wow Foil....I can't get my wife to go to the beach with me, let alone look through binoculars at me. I just tell her what beach I'm going to, so if I don't turn up she knows where to find my body.
I spilit my whisky reading that :rollgrin:

Wind was mad at Matas bay, gusts of over 35 knts, and me out on my 6mtr made the 5 rescue guys very nervous,
And because I knew they were all watching, I was very carefull not to get catapulted over to the next island, flying gybes were exciting, but my heart rate was through the roof (cacking my pants) I gave in after a short 45 minute session, so no wing speed testing,
I have to take my hat off to the Rescue team at Matas bay, when the wind went mad a call went out on the handheld radios to the guys on thier lunch break to help the other rescue guys who were sudenly overwhelmed due to the amount of people down on the water,
They all came over so quickly,got all the jet skis going and were directed by the main man on the beach who gave instructions to the jet ski guys of where to go, so fast, so well organised.

jash999
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby jash999 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:49 am

Foil wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:51 pm
TomW wrote:
Wow Foil....I can't get my wife to go to the beach with me, let alone look through binoculars at me. I just tell her what beach I'm going to, so if I don't turn up she knows where to find my body.

Wind was mad at Matas bay, gusts of over 35 knts, and me out on my 6mtr made the 5 rescue guys very nervous,
And because I knew they were all watching, I was very carefull not to get catapulted over to the next island, flying gybes were exciting, but my heart rate was through the roof (cacking my pants) I gave in after a short 45 minute session, so no wing speed testing,
I have to take my hat off to the Rescue team at Matas bay, when the wind went mad a call went out on the handheld radios to the guys on thier lunch break to help the other rescue guys who were sudenly overwhelmed due to the amount of people down on the water,
They all came over so quickly,got all the jet skis going and were directed by the main man on the beach who gave instructions to the jet ski guys of where to go, so fast, so well organised.
Hi Foil
I am curious about the kite spots in south Fuerteventura for foiling: I assume Matas bay is ok depth wise? Have you checked out Sotovento and Costa Calma or other spots? Is the only issue the gusty winds?

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
Kraken fuse 703k

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,

Postby Foil » Mon May 14, 2018 8:53 am

jash999 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:49 am
Foil wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:51 pm
TomW wrote:

Hi Foil
I am curious about the kite spots in south Fuerteventura for foiling: I assume Matas bay is ok depth wise? Have you checked out Sotovento and Costa Calma or other spots? Is the only issue the gusty winds?
There are many places you can foil in the south of Feurterventura, Matas bay would-be my choice in the south, deep and safe, well organised, 50 euros for a yearly rescue voucher which gives you 3 jet ski rides back to shore in the off shore winds, beach is small and stoney,parking is very close by, loos, storage and hire are all available, winds are often very strong, yesterday my 6 MTR was too big, sailing area is good for beginners and those who just want to practice in a safe flat water area,
Sotavento beach,(Costa Calma) is massive, golden sands, off shore winds, deep, but everything is a long walk from the car, I never feel that safe there, it's miles of open beach, with zones for all, windsurfing,swimming, kite boards,
often with very strong winds with very tough and rough conditions.
not my choice at all for foil boarding,
rescue is there,
but its not my idea of a fun place to foil.

flag beach in the north ticks every box and more, much more😎
Last edited by Foil on Mon May 14, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

francis luengo
Medium Poster
Gear: moses , cabrinha , ozone.
Been thanked: 0

Postby francis luengo » Mon May 14, 2018 11:34 am

:thumb:
Matt Air wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:52 pm
Tracks look nice, I actually like the nut entrance in the middle. If u have it at the end, u lose a bit of usable distance of the tracks. Keep up with the reports Foil

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kraken fuse 703k

Postby Foil » Mon May 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Waves, big waves and times mega silly big waves a few hundred yards off shore,but plenty of flat water as well, and often there are days where it looks flat but the swell is fun size, you would pay to play on this stuff, Last week I GPS tracked the area outside where these swells are, me and Wayne sailed on our small kites and Moses 633 wave wings, over 7 miles of the best waterpark rides for Foil boards😎
Scary at times as the troughs would hide a house, and I got really excited when I spotted a baby hammerhead pass under me, with flying fish jumping all over the place, I raced over to Wayne who had just taken a tumble and shouted out in my excited way-
"Hey Wayne, just seen a baby Hammerhead", to which he swore really bad and got going again so quickly it made me guilty about shouting shark when he was in the water.
I have taken 5 holidays here at Flag beach over the last 10 months and today is possibly the only day I have not gone out, I need a day off,
Checked wind Guru and there is no end in sight of suitable winds and warm sun.
You have just got to love this place, well November to May anyways as the summer months are too hot for me😎

jash999
Medium Poster

Postby jash999 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Foil wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:22 pm
Waves, big waves and times mega silly big waves a few hundred yards off shore,but plenty of flat water as well, and often there are days where it looks flat but the swell is fun size, you would pay to play on this stuff, Last week I GPS tracked the area outside where these swells are, me and Wayne sailed on our small kites and Moses 633 wave wings, over 7 miles of the best waterpark rides for Foil boards😎
Scary at times as the troughs would hide a house, and I got really excited when I spotted a baby hammerhead pass under me, with flying fish jumping all over the place, I raced over to Wayne who had just taken a tumble and shouted out in my excited way-
"Hey Wayne, just seen a baby Hammerhead", to which he swore really bad and got going again so quickly it made me guilty about shouting shark when he was in the water.
I have taken 5 holidays here at Flag beach over the last 10 months and today is possibly the only day I have not gone out, I need a day off,
Checked wind Guru and there is no end in sight of suitable winds and warm sun.
You have just got to love this place, well November to May anyways as the summer months are too hot for me😎
Great stuff, thanks a lot- glad the 633 is working for you so well.

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Melnragė, Elektrėnai, Vievis
Favorite Beaches: Melnragė
Style: wave, hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 UL 13m. Ozone Reo V5 9m and 7m, V4 10m. BWS Aeneema 5'5. Tons of GoFoil, Moses, Takuma foils. BWS Mulcoy Pro 6'0.

Postby WH Lithuania » Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Every freeride session with Moses Onda 633 is simply amazing!

https://vimeo.com/269921593

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pedro Marcos » Tue May 15, 2018 7:52 pm

WH Lithuania wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm
Every freeride session with Moses Onda 633 is simply amazing!

https://vimeo.com/269921593
Looks like that even with the modified t60, and the straps in the most forward position, you still have to put out back feet in front of the foil to get proper balance. So the foil could be installed way more to the back. Nice video :)

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Melnragė, Elektrėnai, Vievis
Favorite Beaches: Melnragė
Style: wave, hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 UL 13m. Ozone Reo V5 9m and 7m, V4 10m. BWS Aeneema 5'5. Tons of GoFoil, Moses, Takuma foils. BWS Mulcoy Pro 6'0.

Postby WH Lithuania » Tue May 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Pedro Marcos wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:52 pm
Looks like that even with the modified t60, and the straps in the most forward position, you still have to put out back feet in front of the foil to get proper balance. So the foil could be installed way more to the back. Nice video :)
Thanks Pedro! That's my first time riding with front straps after a few years strapless. Just wanted to help myself learning toeside upwind tack to heelside. Almost :)

Straps are not in the most forward position! I think Onda 633 works very well on T60 Sport if only front straps are used, back strap would be way too backward for freeride, but you don't need it anyway for freeride.

Return to “Hydrofoil”