Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses 2018

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders


User avatar
Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2049
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Portugal - Algarve - Faro

Re: Moses 2018

Postby Pedro Marcos » Tue May 08, 2018 7:48 pm

grigorib wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 5:44 pm
Foil wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:32 pm
Yesterday here on Flag beach I loaned my 633 wing set up to Andy who has been foiling for 18 months and has been frustrated at not being able to gybe on the fly, only surface foot switch (he is a great kite surf board rider) he eagerly set off on my 633 set up and nervously got going, then on his second try he flew around to toeside on the fly and then back to heal side, he got back to cheers from the beach and celebrated with a welcome litre of Sangria,
He was rather happy😀
Ten minutes later he had sent Gunner a message to sort one out for him, while he was using my 633 set up I used his 550 wing set up and it was so different, nice and smooth as expected but I had to re-set my brain, and push so much faster to fly gybe without touching down, and powering back out through the waves and swell was just not as stable as when on the 633, and as for powered up toeside through the same sea state the 633 was way more enjoyable,
as was the ride back in with a kite that just loves to be looped and a set up that craves crazy carving in rolling swell and waves.
And when Andy asked what the 633 set was called, I of course replied it's a strange name, it's an Onga, he then said yes that makes sense,
Onga is Italian for WAVE.
You learn something new everyday!
it's "Onda" :)
Did you guys move mast/straps between 550 and 633 use? By how far?
Around 8cm its already much better

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 7m/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Moses 71cm/91cm/42” masts 590/633 wings, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Best Kahoona V6 11.5m, MHL Lift 2013, Slingshot Coupe 6', Ocean Rodeo Mako 135
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2018

Postby grigorib » Tue May 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Pedro Marcos wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:48 pm
grigorib wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 5:44 pm
Foil wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:32 pm
Yesterday here on Flag beach I loaned my 633 wing set up to Andy who has been foiling for 18 months and has been frustrated at not being able to gybe on the fly, only surface foot switch (he is a great kite surf board rider) he eagerly set off on my 633 set up and nervously got going, then on his second try he flew around to toeside on the fly and then back to heal side, he got back to cheers from the beach and celebrated with a welcome litre of Sangria,
He was rather happy😀
Ten minutes later he had sent Gunner a message to sort one out for him, while he was using my 633 set up I used his 550 wing set up and it was so different, nice and smooth as expected but I had to re-set my brain, and push so much faster to fly gybe without touching down, and powering back out through the waves and swell was just not as stable as when on the 633, and as for powered up toeside through the same sea state the 633 was way more enjoyable,
as was the ride back in with a kite that just loves to be looped and a set up that craves crazy carving in rolling swell and waves.
And when Andy asked what the 633 set was called, I of course replied it's a strange name, it's an Onga, he then said yes that makes sense,
Onga is Italian for WAVE.
You learn something new everyday!
it's "Onda" :)
Did you guys move mast/straps between 550 and 633 use? By how far?
Around 8cm its already much better
Wov...that's a lot. I moved mine by 30-40mm or so for 633.

User avatar
Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2049
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Portugal - Algarve - Faro

Re: Moses 2018

Postby Pedro Marcos » Tue May 08, 2018 9:33 pm

Yep, the race wing 637 its about the same, maybe even more, but this is also personal, one think is certain, you need to move it back.

Foil
Medium Poster
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosneigr for the Foil and twintip.
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Moses T60 Carbon with mast tracks.
101cm and 71cm Moses Carbon masts
Groove Skate 120cm foil board.
Shinn 120cm mega foil board, ordered
325/330 Stabs. Both 17 &18 fuses.(and special Onda fuse)
Wings- Moses- 633/590/550/548/Gong G10 medium wing
Moses race wings and stab,
Ozone Reo 6/8/9/10/12/
Nobile twin tip,North 2018 click bars
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2018

Postby Foil » Thu May 10, 2018 9:05 pm

My Moses T60 carbon is currently undergoing surgery, replacing the fixed position bolts for nice sliding mast tracks, so the 633 wing can be better positioned for a balanced stance, also this will suit my 590 wing better I believe.
I am picking it up tomorrow evening, so will question him on when I can get it back on the water.
If I ever do😎
As my Groove Skate is quickly becoming my new second wife😍

User avatar
Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2049
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Portugal - Algarve - Faro

Re: Moses 2018

Postby Pedro Marcos » Thu May 10, 2018 10:12 pm

How far from the back of the board are the tracks starting?

francis luengo
Rare Poster
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:21 pm
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: best , rrd , north
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2018

Postby francis luengo » Thu May 10, 2018 10:32 pm

Today I recived my new 590 wing .
😍😍😍.
I would like to know how many cm from stern is the best way to put the mast.
I have a 637 wing and put the mast about 20 or 21 cm from stern.
Do you think that this is a good position?
Thanks

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2236
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 135
Moses Fluente 548/550/590/330/325
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Ozone Reo 5
Ozone Hyperlink 9UL
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden

Re: Moses 2018

Postby TomW » Thu May 10, 2018 10:35 pm

I'm riding with foothooks, and felt I needed to move the front one forward. I moved it 60mm and now I'm finding 590 wing much easier to control the lift.
My board has tracks, but the plate us already at back, about 180mm from tail.
I have 2016 fluente mast.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2236
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 135
Moses Fluente 548/550/590/330/325
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Ozone Reo 5
Ozone Hyperlink 9UL
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden

Re: Moses 2018

Postby TomW » Thu May 10, 2018 10:40 pm

francis luengo wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:32 pm
Today I recived my new 590 wing .
😍😍😍.
I would like to know how many cm from stern is the best way to put the mast.
I have a 637 wing and put the mast about 20 or 21 cm from stern.
Do you think that this is a good position?
Thanks
I would put it 180 from tail, that will give you some tail area to put your rear foot for upwind cranking. If you are strapless, then you'll be able to put your feet forward as much as needed for your weight. If you use hooks or straps you'll have to pay attention to distance from mast to front strap /hook. It will vary based upon your weight, stance width and how powered you ride.

User avatar
masterred
Medium Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:14 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Sottomarina (Ve) North-est Italy
Favorite Beaches: Barbados
Style: Foiler
Gear: Ozone R1v2 19-13 Ozone Enduro v2 12 Ozone Reo v4 9 - Groove Boards Fatty Kiteloose 5.5 - Hydrofoil Banga
Brand Affiliation: Hydrofoil News
Contact:

Re: Moses 2018

Postby masterred » Fri May 11, 2018 12:16 am

For Onda 633 with Fluente 91:
the foot behind goes positioned above the hf and the front strap is put 65 cm ahead

Foil
Medium Poster
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosneigr for the Foil and twintip.
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Moses T60 Carbon with mast tracks.
101cm and 71cm Moses Carbon masts
Groove Skate 120cm foil board.
Shinn 120cm mega foil board, ordered
325/330 Stabs. Both 17 &18 fuses.(and special Onda fuse)
Wings- Moses- 633/590/550/548/Gong G10 medium wing
Moses race wings and stab,
Ozone Reo 6/8/9/10/12/
Nobile twin tip,North 2018 click bars
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2018

Postby Foil » Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 am

Pedro Marcos wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:12 pm
How far from the back of the board are the tracks starting?
4cm back from the original rear bolt hole.


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron