Rare Poster
Gear: everything
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

efoil.builders is live

Postby merten » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:33 am

Hi all.

We just launched http://efoil.builders, a community for ALL electric foiling enthusiasts. Regardless if you are building one yourself, riding one or are just curious. This is the place to exchange information and learn.

Electric foiling is an exciting new way to "fly" silently across the water without a making a wake. Super fun to ride. If you want to ride now, you need to build one. The first commercially available electric foils are expected to hit the market in 2018.

I started my build early 2017 and documented my journey here: http://youtube.com/pacificmeister. So much fun! I have made many interesting connections and I learned a lot from other makers. Up to now information is spread across many sites and channels, difficult to collect together. It was time for a dedicated electric hydrofoil forum where we can all share and drive innovation forward together. I am also open sourcing my designs. Let’s get started. See you on your electric foils soon!

Come join and innovate with us!
Merten

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Re: efoil.builders is live

Postby NYKiter » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:31 am

Awesome :thumb: :P :lol:

Europ2
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: efoil.builders is live

Postby Europ2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Thanks not only for open sourcing your work but also for the spirit, the CAD and 3D printing pieces of advice you are sharing !
What I find very nice on your forum is that, against all odds, very skilled individuals and commercial eFoil designers communicate : Hiosh but also veFoil, Fliteboard, ... whereas there is no commercial product available on the market yet !! :o
Waiting for Don Montague, Nick Leason from MHL, Eldoridedo with their Impeller .... to become forum members !

Thanks for the long awaited Jetfoiler inside view :o
Do you know if it will be available in 2018 too ? The decision does not seem to be clear ....
Jetfoiler preview.png
Jetfoiler preview.png (447.93 KiB) Viewed 910 times
eFoiling is emerging when kiteboard hydrofoiling has become mature. After 8/10 years of development, the 2015 production has brought performant aluminium hydrofoils to the market at a reasonable price.
Two years ago, I would have never imagined that Kiteboard hydrofoils would become the anonymous accessory of another activity :o
The emphasis is now put on the propulsion side, on max speed and autonomy like eCars and eSkates ! :o
I'm looking forward to the eFoil presence in kitefoil schools to improve the trainee learning curve !
Long live eFoiling and long live http://efoil.builders !!

Return to “Hydrofoil”