Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Seat harness for Hydrofoiling. Which are you using and why?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders

Craz Z
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Seat harness for Hydrofoiling. Which are you using and why?

Postby Craz Z » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Just updated my seat harness after 12 years. Bought the same one again. Ion echo with rope slider, previously or if you want to spend extra for the identical product was the north performer seat harness. Super comfortable does everything and you can wear it loose which no waist harness can ever do. The only down side to wearing loose is occasionally you can get pulled hard from the leg straps.

Dakine makes wonderful products harnesses are not one of them. Bought several over the years hoping for a change and its always disappointing.

I always keep coming back to the north/ion setup as its hassle free and comfortable. I keep dabbing in different harnesses and can't seem to switch over to anything else.

Windigo1
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Aylmer
Style: Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Prolimit Kite Seat Pro light, comfortable, good padding, I also have a Dakine Fusion but it's heavier and I have seen many Dakine hooks break on the water. It happened to one of my friend twice in the same year.

cnski
Medium Poster

Postby cnski » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:52 am

I've been using the Ozone Connect Pro snowkite harness on the water with a race kite and foil. Super comfortable and light.

lezo
Frequent Poster

Postby lezo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Dakine Vega, light and comfortable. I even use it with my surf for wave sessions. Several foiling friends adopted it lately and are happy with.

cwood
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil

Postby cwood » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:51 pm

lezo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:11 pm
Dakine Vega, light and comfortable. I even use it with my surf for wave sessions. Several foiling friends adopted it lately and are happy with.
this. good balance of structure and weight. I recently went to the windsurf version which is identical but without leash pass on the ass...little less weight.

lezo
Frequent Poster

Postby lezo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:47 pm

cwood wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:51 pm
lezo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:11 pm
this. good balance of structure and weight. I recently went to the windsurf version which is identical but without leash pass on the ass...little less weight.
I also used it for the last two years without the leash pass rope, ripped off by my kite, which I was not quick enough to fully release after dropping in a 3m wave session :D The steel hook of the leash is also straight now.. :o Fortunately, nothing happened to the kite, RRD Religions are bombproof!

Return to “Hydrofoil”