Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What is your HF kite quiver?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders


plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

What is your HF kite quiver?

Postby plummet » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:44 pm

And what is the sweet spots you like flying those kites in.

Mine is as follows.

12 chrono 8-12 knots
10 edge 10-15 knots
8 catalyst 13-20 knots
6 reo 18-25 knots
4 uno 25-35 knots

User avatar
Peert
Frequent Poster
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 am
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Pampus, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Cabo 7 and 9m, Naish Trip 10m, Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, Mitu convertible 5.8 & TKF manta Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What is your HF kite quiver?

Postby Peert » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:53 pm

plummet wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:44 pm
And what is the sweet spots you like flying those kites in.

Mine is as follows.

12 chrono 8-12 knots
10 edge 10-15 knots
8 catalyst 13-20 knots
6 reo 18-25 knots
4 uno 25-35 knots
Are bodymass and wing surface relevant measures to report with it?

Remarkably you show no continuity in type of kite. But more so in brand... The smaller the kite the lower the AR. Just some observations...

Wielandt
Rare Poster
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 3:33 pm
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Holten
Farø
Style: HF,
Gear: Naish Draft, Cabrinha Apollo, Airush Ultra, Storm Voyager, Gong strutless
LFSolo
Moses HF.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What is your HF kite quiver?

Postby Wielandt » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Storm Voyager2 15m. 6-10 knots
Airush ultra. 12m 8-14 knots
Airush Ultra. 9m 12-18 knots
LF Solo. 6.5m. 16-22 knots

Above for freeride and maneuvers.

For longer cruising rides Naish Drafts and Cabrinha Apollo.


For my 15 and 12 m kites I switch between 27 and 30 m lines. For 9 and 6.5 m kites only 27m lines. My foiling lines are all SK 99 1mm lines, so very light.


Happy surf for all of you

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Re: What is your HF kite quiver?

Postby plummet » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:42 pm

Peert wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:53 pm
plummet wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:44 pm
And what is the sweet spots you like flying those kites in.

Mine is as follows.

12 chrono 8-12 knots
10 edge 10-15 knots
8 catalyst 13-20 knots
6 reo 18-25 knots
4 uno 25-35 knots
Are bodymass and wing surface relevant measures to report with it?

Remarkably you show no continuity in type of kite. But more so in brand... The smaller the kite the lower the AR. Just some observations...
You right. Style and foil type would also be interesting.
Yes I start high aspect kites and slowly reduce in aspect to my smallest kite. In lighter winds speed and upwind are king. Water conditions is mild and kites with better speed upwind are more fun. As the wind builds the swell gets bigger, crazy speeds and upwind angles become less important, Riding swell and negating water conditions with faster turning kites better drifting kites become the requirement.

User avatar
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 8132
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Denmark

Re: What is your HF kite quiver?

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:43 pm

You asked the same a year ago plummet, but maybe you want a "new" update, as some has changed gear of course, and there are many new hydrofoilers now too :D

Whats your hf kite quiver?

8) PF

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Re: What is your HF kite quiver?

Postby plummet » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:11 am

Peter_Frank wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:43 pm
You asked the same a year ago plummet, but maybe you want a "new" update, as some has changed gear of course, and there are many new hydrofoilers now too :D

Whats your hf kite quiver?

8) PF
Hehe. .... I can't remember every bullshit thread I start.
Amusingly my own quiver has changed since then. And is due to change again soon.

Bletti
Frequent Poster
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:13 am
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Slingshot Rally 10m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What is your HF kite quiver?

Postby Bletti » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:03 am

For free riding with my zeeko spitfire

Brm Cloud D 13.4m 7-14kts
Brm Cloud D 8.0m 11-20kts
Switch Element 5 7m 13-25kts
Switch Element 4 5m 17-30 kts

I use my 8m cloud the majority of the time

My 5m is started to get tired from a lot of wave riding abuse so I'm hoping to replace it with a small single strut kite.

For racing I have 10m and 15m r1v1 foil kites and a spotz 2

Séb
Frequent Poster
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:57 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: Mostly Core kites and Shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Quebec, Canada
Contact:

Re: What is your HF kite quiver?

Postby Séb » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:49 am

Freeriding with my Shinn Jackson 145 and F wing 90cm mast

Little Cloud Pelican 13m: 7-12 knots
Core XR5 8m: 12-22 knots
Core GTS4 6m: 18-26 knots

I also use sometimes my XR5 11m but i prefer the 8m most of the time.

User avatar
davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2026
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and Board
Flysurfer Sonic2 9m,11m,15m,18m
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What is your HF kite quiver?

Postby davesails7 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:24 am

On Delta race foil, 75 kg (165 lbs):
18m sonic2 6-13 kts
15m sonic2 11-17 kts
11m sonic2 16-24 kts
9m sonic2 20+ kts

I never really ride the 9m much anymore. We get really big chop in over 20 kts so I don't usually go out. 11m takes me to 20 kts no problem now.

15m lines on all kites, except 17m lines on the 18m kite

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Re: What is your HF kite quiver?

Postby plummet » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:27 am

davesails7 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:24 am
On Delta race foil, 75 kg (165 lbs):
18m sonic2 6-13 kts
15m sonic2 11-17 kts
11m sonic2 16-24 kts
9m sonic2 20+ kts

I never really ride the 9m much anymore. We get really big chop in over 20 kts so I don't usually go out. 11m takes me to 20 kts no problem now.

15m lines on all kites, except 17m lines on the 18m kite
I'd like to try a race foil with stupid long mast one day. The power hold ability must be amaizing. I'm fully fucked on my 12 Chrono at 16 knots on my foil.


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron