Airush ultra 12 vs F One Breeze 11

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
valito
Rare Poster
Gear: Catalyst 6 Ozone Reo V3 9-12 Airush Ultra 15
Brand Affiliation: None

Airush ultra 12 vs F One Breeze 11

Postby valito » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Sorry for my spelling and grammatical errors English isn´t my mother language.
What o these two kites for foiling ,I m an absolute begginer , I got Reo V3 12 meters and Ultra 15 meters and I love it .
Its a good idea a new kite or not ?, if yes one of these or other options .
Thank you very much

valito
Rare Poster

Re: Airush ultra 12 vs F One Breeze 11

Postby valito » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Nobody

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi, I cannot compare the F One Breeze 11 with the Ultra 12 that I'm currently testing for the website www.standuppaddling.it; that being said the Ultra 12 is a great kite for foil boarding and very light and stable in the air. It is not as powerful as a strutless kite of the same size, but It can be relaunch better and It is much more responsive in the air. I tested It also in waves when the wind was light. I took this pic just few days ago.

Cheers

Carlo
Attachments
vlcsnap-2018-02-14-15h54m21s173.jpg

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:10 pm

haiku - that's great info. Very hard to find a person who has ridden Ultra 12m with surfboard.
Can you tell me, how's the low end with surfboard, does the kite have good board speed even in light winds or not?
What about the depower, how quickly it becomes handful?

Other comments highly appreciated!

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:23 pm

valito wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:43 pm
Sorry for my spelling and grammatical errors English isn´t my mother language.
What o these two kites for foiling ,I m an absolute begginer , I got Reo V3 12 meters and Ultra 15 meters and I love it .
Its a good idea a new kite or not ?, if yes one of these or other options .
Thank you very much

Hi valito

It can often be difficult to find some who can compare the "exact" same kites and sizes as one are about to choose between.

When you say "absolute beginner", do you mean beginner in foiling, but experienced in kitesurfing ?

Are you average weight, and ride in a low wind area, or ?

I would think (havent ridden any, only the Ultra in 8 m2) both kites works great for foiling in lower winds, say 8 to 12 max 14 knots.

And I assume you think your Reo V3 is too heavy for hydrofoil ?

If I were you, I would start with your Reo, as you need more wind when learning, so dont go out in less than 10 knots to start with (IF average weight), and here the Reo will work just fine, and good depower which is perfect.

The Reo would be a really good kite for hydrofoiling, only problem is it is too heavy in light winds when a 12 m2 (smaller Reos are great) - but when you learn hydrofoiling you dont ride in such light winds.

Later when you have learned to foil, you can decide which "lighter" kite you want, so you can ride in 8-10 knots with this one :D

But if you want to sell your Reo, to get an 11 or 12 m2 kite instead, that works for both TT and Hydrofoil, you can IMO (without having ridden those, but by specs and reviews) choose either the Ultra or the Breeze, both are good kites for "everything".

My advice.

8) Peter

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION

Postby airsurfer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 pm

I only tried the 12M ultra once and I can see why it's a great kite for HF. However the V3 Reo 12 is just a little heavier than a 12M ultra approx 300grams but turns much faster and more direct which is important for foiling especially when depowered with out any downsides like fluttering extra pulleys and bridles... put your 12 M Reo on 30M lines and you will have an awesome kite for ultra light foiling that really hangs in the air and good for surfboard when wind picks up a bit. If you didn't already have the Reo 12M I would say go for the Ultra. unless you just want a new toy ;)

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Wow, did not know the Rio was so light, agree, keep it unless you want something new :D

8) PF

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:31 am

I own an 11m Breeze, never seen or tried the Airush. Bought it as a light wind foilboarding kite as that is what it was designed for (very good) but the true revelation was when using it with a surfboard in waves. It is very fast and nimble for an 11m and has also excellent drifting. Downside , like with all no strut/single strut kites is the high end which is not as good as 3 strut+ kites.

valito
Rare Poster

Postby valito » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Thank you very much to everbody inputs , I m very surprise with the minimal diference in weitgh ultra vs reo , I´ll follow your recomendations and squeeze the Reo posibilities

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi. My weight is 76 Kilos, with my custom board Kazuma Milkman 5'8 (Quad set M) I can go easily upwind starting from 12/13 Knots. This kite is very efficient and fast in the flight window and the answer to your question is....yes, the board speed is very good even in this wind range. Consider this: the Ultra has a wide wind range so It is a good kite not only for foiling but also for freeriding and low wind wave riding.

Cheers
Carlo

Return to “Hydrofoil”