Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

AVS: Anti Ventilation skin By Zeeko

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Re: AVS: Anti Ventilation skin By Zeeko

Postby BWD » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Did your development work with the Canard foil (front wing?) lead to the knowledge of how to create the AVS?
Interesting observation and question.
I think remember it being said the surface of the spitfire wings was mportant, and maybe different from some others.
Perhaps they were experimenting based in theory, or maybe they tested a part that came out with ridges accidentally from a CNC malfunction or error and found it had a benefit...
Whatever the cause this is a fascinating development that could be helpful, I hope, for many kinds of foils!

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Re: AVS: Anti Ventilation skin By Zeeko

Postby ronnie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 pm

BWD wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:06 pm
Did your development work with the Canard foil (front wing?) lead to the knowledge of how to create the AVS?
Interesting observation and question.
I think remember it being said the surface of the spitfire wings was mportant, and maybe different from some others.
Perhaps they were experimenting based in theory, or maybe they tested a part that came out with ridges accidentally from a CNC malfunction or error and found it had a benefit...
Whatever the cause this is a fascinating development that could be helpful, I hope, for many kinds of foils!
Nicolas has written in a French Forum, that Zeeko plan to release a kitefoil with AVS in about 2 weeks.

Return to “Hydrofoil”